Killswitch Engage - The End of a Heartache DI (Yep , you read that right!)

Sounds pretty awesome to me. ;)
Thanks, you are the first person that like any of my mixes :rofl:. Means a lot. Anyway, I think than the kick is too high in volume and the guitars can sounds much better, but I think that the low end is more present (my most important fail in the previous mixes). Thanks for the reply ;)

Edit: Fixed, I think

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these raws. They are really really good. And having Howard's vocals included is awesome too. Here's my quick go. I'm really liking the guitar tone, but I need to work on the low end a bit.

Reactions: ReampZone
This is awesome guys! First post here in the forums, as I came across this place by accident.

I am new to the mixing game, but will upload my version in a few minutes, but can tell I may be around here quite a bit! Still learning, but love the idea of doing these kind of practice mixes!

Cheers

Here's mine

I'm just a noob about mixing, but a read some tutorials and applying some basic knowledge.

Used the raw drum tracks, nothing sampled, guitars are lepou amps, lecab and IR ownhammer free stuff. I know it doesnt sound as fat as others mixes, but doesn't like overproduced music nowadays anyway. I used reaper and reaper plugins in mayority, had a hard time with the snare...

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Using tons of plugins often ruin the mix :) But you are on a good way. Make the snare drum less "boxy" and scoop volume a little on a kick's "click".