Killswitch Engage - The End of a Heartache DI (Yep , you read that right!)

Hey thanks for the tracks guys, its great stuff.
Edit - New version, found the distortion Hugo mentioned and filtered it out, mostly. Still a bit crunchy tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReampZone
No, that's a mistake. The crushed voc is intentional but the nasty distortion on the gtr on the left isn't. Only picked that up later when I listened with earbuds, just overdid it I guess. Really gotta be be more careful with this stuff. But thanks again for having a listen Hugo, really appreciate it. And more drums please!

No, that's a mistake. The crushed voc is intentional but the nasty distortion on the gtr on the left isn't. Only picked that up later when I listened with earbuds, just overdid it I guess. Really gotta be be more careful with this stuff. But thanks again for having a listen Hugo, really appreciate it. And more drums please!

More to come in the future! ;)

Hi,
Great mix, i'd love to make mixes as nice as this one !

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it!!!!

You will Switchback! Trust your ears. Don't involve internet into your mixing process in 100% (see my signature). Understand completely how EQ, gates and compressors work. You have to use them knowingly. Don't rely on presets.

Use tons of reference tracks. If you hear only bass section in your favourite song (brake up) cut it, loop it and study it! Listen, compare, etc… Same with drums, guitars…

Cheers! Adee

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it!!!!

You will Switchback! Trust your ears. Don't involve internet into your mixing process in 100% (see my signature). Understand completely how EQ, gates and compressors work. You have to use them knowingly. Don't rely on presets.

Use tons of reference tracks. If you hear only bass section in your favourite song (brake up) cut it, loop it and study it! Listen, compare, etc… Same with drums, guitars…

Cheers! Adee
Understand what you mean, I don't use presets and don't follow rules found in internet that seem like food recipe.

Thank for the advice, I will use more reference track (in this case the original one :) )

Just one question : does my mix sounds too limited ?
I pushed hard the limiter (maybe too hard) this time. In my headphones it seemed right, but I don't know how it sounds in other systems.

Understand what you mean, I don't use presets and don't follow rules found in internet that seem like food recipe.

Thank for the advice, I will use more reference track (in this case the original one :) )

I pushed hard the limiter (maybe too hard) this time. In my headphones it seemed right, but I don't know how it sounds in other systems.

I've always found headphones make things a little bit "brighter" as opposed to monitors, but that's just me.

Someone selling a reaper project of these Di's, what a silly world.

12717549_984992161558409_7178717466492446536_n.png

Yea, it sounds slightly overprocessed. First of all. Less bass. Low end frequencies eat huge part of your mix. To get good sounding low end in mixes takes a lot of time. Start work on drums section. I like your kick drum tone. OH and snare drum need some work - definitely more compression.

Last edited: