Killswitch - My Curse DI's for you all (Jacksons SLSMG, EMG81)

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
I figured I'd ATTEMPT to give something back for you guys to much around with. It's just the 2 main rhythms for most of the song. it's pretty tight, I just did it quickly earlier tonight.

Jackson SLSMG with EMG81 Mahogany body, neck and Ebony board string through etc.

Cheers,
Would love to hear some reamps of this. I'm going to have a go with my Blackface recto soon :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/306055/Killswitch-MyCurseDI.rar

Melb_shredder, what did you use to record the DI's?

fenixdoido I liked the second clip, though is hard to tell if it's good enough for a mix because there's no backing track

I'll check it all out soon when I'm done trackin a band today ^_^

Signal chain is guitar -> Safesound P1 mic pre -> RME Multiface :)

Luk, what did you use mate? That actually sounded fucking tits! I need to give this a go through my Blackface soon :\ tracking a band all week though so no time!

Well :) My ampsim is TSE x30 and I used IR taken from Axe FX (someone posted somewhere). I also used TS808 but tone about 1/3 or 2/3 and Volume about 1/2. But i think the most important is eq.
What i do is:
-hp at 120hz, and lp at 10000hz
-band cut at 250hz (a lot -15db or more) (you know "stalactite" cut :D , q factor about 0,20 )
-also cut at 2936 hz (-15db or more, q - 0,10)
-and also cut ad 4000hz (same, -15db or more, q - about 0,20)

I could, but now i'm on my laptop :p But the name of IR was "Mesa Oversized V30 Edge Sneap 01.wav"

And i forgot. I also had noise gate but after TS808. So my chain looks like this:
1)TS808
2)noise gate
3)TSEx30
4)lecab
5) eq with settings (I've put eq only on guitars in group )

Melb_shredder dude, could you post drums + bass midi or real, to make complete cover mix? ;>

I could, but now i'm on my laptop :p But the name of IR was "Mesa Oversized V30 Edge Sneap 01.wav"

And i forgot. I also had noise gate but after TS808. So my chain looks like this:
1)TS808
2)noise gate
3)TSEx30
4)lecab
5) eq with settings (I've put eq only on guitars in group )

awesome tone :D
link for IR please?