KILT Night for Guys

I love Corset Night/Kilt Night.

Not that I'm a fan of the event itself, but because it's an almost 100% indicator of who is at the fest for Power and for Prog (Prog being the naysayers). :p

No fashion shows at prog power.
ever.
please.
this is about the music, not the clothes we wear.

Now leave me alone so I can figure out what 10 t shirts I am going to bring to the show this year.:rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Best.post.ever. In this thread, anyway. :kickass:

I gotta start figuring out which ten* NON prog-metal, NON power-metal t-shirts I'll be bringing. You can't wear 'normal' metal t-shirts to ProgPower when you have an eclectic assortment of other band shirts to wear, 'cause that's what they're expecting you to do! :heh:

-=-=--
* Yes, ten t-shirts: 4 or 5 to actually WEAR, and 5 or 6 to bring along 'just in case' the spirit moves ya....or something.......

As a kilt-wearing hetero. man who is excited about both my favorite concert festival and the prospect of a 'kilt night', I'm a bit dismayed at some of the strong opinions against it.
To me PP is about finding others who share your passions and interests - whether it's prog, or power, or gourmet beers, or parts of the world, or some old band you wore the shirt of and you have a chat with a total stranger about 'the good old days' (the 80's!).
The kilt is just another expression. It doesn't impact our love of the music or the reason we're there... it's just another facet of my personality (freedom from the tyranny of the pant!) and I look forward to running into other metal brothers who enjoy the freedom as well.
Me and my tan, original Utilikilt will be there. Corsetted women, beware!
JP

As a kilt-wearing hetero. man who is excited about both my favorite concert festival and the prospect of a 'kilt night', I'm a bit dismayed at some of the strong opinions against it.
To me PP is about finding others who share your passions and interests - whether it's prog, or power, or gourmet beers, or parts of the world, or some old band you wore the shirt of and you have a chat with a total stranger about 'the good old days' (the 80's!).
The kilt is just another expression. It doesn't impact our love of the music or the reason we're there... it's just another facet of my personality (freedom from the tyranny of the pant!) and I look forward to running into other metal brothers who enjoy the freedom as well.
Me and my tan, original Utilikilt will be there. Corsetted women, beware!
JP

Well said!

The corset night was started not as a "fashion" show thing, but to unite all the women together as we are such a small population.

It's now extended into the kilt night. If you are so opposed to it, don't do it. Having a special night for the fans to have some fun in no way takes away from the music, as last time I checked you could wear a kilt AND listen to music at the same time, with only minimal side effects.

-MetalRose

Well, I only saw about two people doing it, I was hoping we could get an actual night where a sizeable number of people participate. :)

There were slightly more than that, it was a gag that ShokR0ck and I planned for Glenn, but it was very hard getting the word out with out Glenn seeing it.

The plan was to get into Hawaiian shirts before the last band and crew call, but Glenn moved the crew call up to the middle of the day instead of the end of the show.... which kind of threw a wrench in the plans. After that some people didn't put them on and others did, but we weren't together in a group.

-Metal