KILT Night for Guys

I have a buddy of mine who attends PP with me, and I convinced him to buy a UK as well (he's scottish, so not a big stretch there) and I think he'd say the same thing.

Hail, brother... Unfortunately, his buddy works in the corporate world and doesn't get to wear his kilt at the office much anymore. But he sure loves his two UKs, anyway. Just glad it's getting warm enough to wear it again...

I was one of the "commenters" back to (I'm guessing) Hoyt last year. Actually had to do a double take and double back to say something since I never see anyone else in a kilt just walking around town and certainly didn't expect to see it at PP.

Can't wait to see the kilted masses in October! Pray for good weather! ;)

There's kilts and then there's kilts that want to be real kilts (Real Kilts do NOT have pockets!!!! hehehe)

I've seen Uni-kilts everywhere at faire on the mundanes... but a sporan just isn't going to look right with one of those in any way shapre or form....

Nothin' like a man in their family tartan... :)

last year I had the last-minute do-it-yourself model (since I'm too cheap for utilikilt). This year, much more time has been spent on my new model. So it should look ten times better than the picture posted above. And yes, it will include detachable pockets, and no it will not be a historical tartan. Something like that I would wear to a renfest, but to ProgPower I will wear something more practical and modern. :cool:

I think the Kilt idea is kickass! Adds comaraderie and unity to the whole thing. That's what PP has been about for me the last 5 years! Reuniting with some of the most kickass people and friends from all over the world. I'll seriously consider joining the ranks Friday night if I can find the right thing to wear this weekend.

ROck ON! Aye!

+1

Seriously, let the ladies have their fashion show, me, I'm there for the music.

:kickass:

wait a minute...I'm definitely there for the music. Music is #1...the added fashion is just a bonus. Just because we're chicks and like to dress up doesn't mean we don't have an appreciation for the music we're going to see/hear.

I think the Kilt idea is kickass! ...

Thank you. :cool:

and I hope you can join in on the fun this year. I'm telling you all, I had no idea how comfy a kilt could be until I put one on last year and wore it for a few hours. Just make sure you find a practical one - i.e. with pockets.

also, Perditions Ghost - hope you can join us next year! :headbang:

wait a minute...I'm definitely there for the music. Music is #1...the added fashion is just a bonus. Just because we're chicks and like to dress up doesn't mean we don't have an appreciation for the music we're going to see/hear.

You can say that until you're blue in the face, and some people will STILL not get it.

Screw 'em, we know what the deal is. :)

And if the kilted guys go to the Cheetah, I want to see pictures, Rifkin. :D

Shaye

I'd really like to participate but I don't own a kilt and I don't think I can justify paying a bunch of money for a garment that I would otherwise not normally wear. I'll be kilted in spirit. I'll get a second nametag that says so!