King Crimson -Red-

Excellent album; this along with In the Court of the Crimson King are their best IMO.

Or maybe Larks Tongues in Aspic....

hell, it's hard to go wrong with KC.

this album blows, one of the worst albums ever, especially the instrumental portion of "starless" which is particularly bad and not mind-blowing

this album owns, one of the best albums ever, especially the instrumental portion of "starless" which is particularly good and mind blowing.

this album blows, one of the worst albums ever, especially the instrumental portion of "starless" which is particularly bad and not mind-blowing

Not funny!

this album owns, on of the best albums ever, especially the instrumental portion of "starless" which is particularly good and mind blowing.

Well that is funny!

Great album, sounds very post-rock for an old skool prog album, very off kilter and quite hard rocking for Crimson aswell.

brilliant. the 20 year old opeth fans of today would have latched on to that album (and Court) in the 60s/70s. same kinda *vibe* going.

I find it hard to get into anything after the first two albums.
the sole reason being i dont like any of the other singers.

Greg Lake really did it for me.

Gordon Haskell was absolutely shocking.

although from the bits and piesces ive heard of the other guy he's ok.

I find it hard to get into anything after the first two albums.
the sole reason being i dont like any of the other singers.

Greg Lake really did it for me.

Gordon Haskell was absolutely shocking.

although from the bits and piesces ive heard of the other guy he's ok.

That's another reason I didn't like Red at first. I wasn't crazy about John Wetton, and I'm still not even though I got used to him. Even though Greg Lake is my favorite KC singer, I also like Adrian Belew's vocals on Discipline, ect.

That's another reason I didn't like Red at first. I wasn't crazy about John Wetton, and I'm still not even though I got used to him. Even though Greg Lake is my favorite KC singer, I also like Adrian Belew's vocals on Discipline, ect.

^^^This.

I've always enjoyed Adrian's vocals with both KC and Zappa.

Red is a phenomenal record, but I definitely agree that it takes repeated listening to get the most out of it.

I have courtyard but was interested in this as appears to be a 'different direction' for them. Of course that is subjective and different isnt necessarily better but fuck it, im not buying a mortgage i'll just buy the cd.