Kirk Hammett vs Alexi Laiho

Who is better at soloing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pita Bread said:
I'm proud that I was never a fan of Metallica, and never will be.

I used to love metallica. but now I have no respect for em. I dont even like the old stuff anymore. Just isnt anything special. especially when there is Old megadeth instead.

Yea, exactly, Megadeth is much better. I'm not that big of a fan of Megadeth but from the songs I've listened to, their guitarwork is far more impressive, and the vocals are so much more interesting.

Kirk never did anything that made me listen twice. All of his solos just... fit the song. He never did anything spectacular. He never did anything that every other thrash guitarist in the 80s didn't do better.

Alexi, on the other hand, made my jaw drop the first time I heard Hatebreeder.

I"m gonna say Alexi, obviously, but I do have to give respect to Kirk. At least up until ...And Justice For All. While not being the most technical lead guitarist ever, he does have a way of producing some memorable solos. Listen to Fade to Black, for instance. that solo gave me chills the first time I heard it. It builds, and builds, and builds, and comes to this awesome descendiung run that just sounds beautiful. say what you want about Metallica nowadays, but their first four albums are masterpieces, with some awesome guitar work on them.

Not every guitarist has to be able to sweep pick every arpeggio known to man, and not every guitar solo has to be full of sweep-picking.

I've honestly never liked Metallica.

Alexi is the better player. Not just in skill, but in writing and creativity. Everything he does is interesting. Metallica bores the shit outta me.

im gonna say that they are both very talented musicians, and the both are great in their own ways...my vote went to alexi though, because i like the more technical side of guitar, which is where he owns all :headbang: :headbang:

MetalMeshuggahMan said:
Man you CoB fans are insanely stupid, I made this thread to make fun of you all, and make fun of you all I did.

I R WINN3R

or maybe, instead of acting like your p[ost had any relevance to my day, i answered teh post truthfully, as opposed to yelling at you, which is what you wanted.

have a nice day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.