Kirk Hammett vs Alexi Laiho

Who is better at soloing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BloodyScalpel said:
There is not a single song that is too fast so it can't be learned.
This whole 'omgz0rz I'm the fast35t stuff is a mith.

Ummm... try picking up a Michael Angelo solo... sure his music blows but he could play faster then either of us, right or left handed... hand over or under the neck... the guy isn't human... so yes I agree that anything a human has wrote isn't so fast you can't learn it... although some things that are played by an ambidextrous machine are probably a little to fast for 99% of anyone to learn

and YES... I KNOW MICHAEL ANGELOS MUSIC IS HORRIBLE

Alexi all the way, nothing against Kirk... well he is after all the Pentatonic King...( no this isn't a good thing ) If you ask me James is the better of the two Metallica guitarists, and Cliff owned them both

I think that they both win in their own rights, all of the people obssesed with them usualy suck at guitar, and you cant really say kirk is all that great cause ive honestly never seen the guy play an arpeggio, or write something decent in the last 10 years. AYDY wasint anything to brag about either but at least previous bodom albums made metallica sound terrible...

Wildchild slays Hammet..Hammet can't sweep for the life of him..and only has one style that he over uses..Alexi's skill level when he was 17 surpasses Kirk's present skill level..he wrote Something Wild when he was 17..sure there are alot of guitarists who can slay Alexi..for example Roope Latvala..(whoever disagrees is a newb fanboy)..but Kirk IS not better than Alexi..Steve Vai..of course..Malmsteen..of course..Batio of course..Wylde..HELL NO..Hammet..NO!!

Wings of a dream said:
Batio is faster than Malsteen if you know (Impelliteri too). But yeah Overall, Malmsteen.

as fast as and amazing as Batio is, he couldn't write a decent to save his own life... I think maybe got lucky twice...lol

Malmsteen on the other hand has a hard time writting anything thats even sub par

Insilden_The Shred said:
as fast as and amazing as Batio is, he couldn't write a decent to save his own life... I think maybe got lucky twice...lol

Malmsteen on the other hand has a hard time writting anything thats even sub par

Yeah, Michael Angelo Batio should do a Malmsteen covers cd, and then play them at twice speed, :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.