Kiss Condoms!

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
KISS Kondoms Coming To A Store Near You! - June 2, 2002

Be on the lookout for Kiss Kondoms, a line of contraceptives with members KISS on the packaging, which will shortly be made available online and through record stores and specialty gift shops near you.

KISS' latest business venture was made possible via a partnership with speciality condom retailer Condomania. Billed as "Rock 'N' Rubbers", the first in the series are bright red latex condoms labelled "Tongue Lubricated."

With a retails price of $4.95, the box of three and the foil wrappers protecting the condoms are adorned with a head shot of bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons in full makeup, with his legendary tongue fully extended.

Despite the racy name, Simmons told Reuters that he had not personally lubricated the condoms, "however some deserving young ladies will get a personal demonstration, lots of them come to think of it."

The brainchild of Simmons, the Kiss Kondoms are meant to provide an alternative to the clinical looking condoms sold in drug stores.

"Sex is always embarrassing for people, so when a guy whips out a KISS condom and there's Gene Simmons's tongue hanging out it lightens up the situation," he told Reuters.

"With the estimated millions of devoted KISS followers this idea plays very well," said Condomania founder and President Adam Glickman. "The idea of merging Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley and the KISS trademark and legend with a product that stands for fun and sex jibes."

With expected sales of " hundreds of thousands of boxes," there are two more versions already in the works — a studded condom dubbed the "Studded Paul" and adorned with a photo of KISS guitarist Paul Stanley, and "Love Gun Protection," an extra-strength version with the entire band on the packaging

Simmons has also just stated a magazine publication called Tougne. :p

"Plans are being made for an extra small size of those lacking below, which shall be adorned with the loveable homosexual icon of the cat man."

KISS: The Ultimate Contraceptive

"You wanted the best, you got the best. The stretchiest latex in the world, KIIIISSSSS..."

When are they going to get Bruce back in the band and concentrate on *music* again, dammit? :mad:

BTW, nice VH quote in your sig Haupassia. That's from one of the few songs I enjoy on Balance.

W

thanks wrathchild........balance is one of the best albums they have ever made in my opinion.......but no VH albums are really "bad".....its VH! they fuckin rock!

Originally posted by phlogiston
Apparently they're also working on "a stage musical featuring the songs of KISS", in the vein of Mamma Mia.

really?

Sydo: I don't know for sure, but I heard it mentioned on the radio a while back, and the story also talked about Tounge magazine and the Kondoms, so I s'pose that lends it more credibility.

There are plans for a musical (Gene) and magazine (volume one about to be released in the states).this world is being taken over by these dickheads (well Gene anyway with his need to dip his hand in anything that will make him money):rolleyes:

Originally posted by Wrathchild

When are they going to get Bruce back in the band and concentrate on *music* again, dammit? :mad:

W

Exactly!!!

Do you think Paul is as bad as Gene? I don't think so. I still see Paul as being into living out the ultimate rock star fantasy, being the biggest rock star he can, etc. So it's still about the rock'n'roll thing to him I reckon.

Gene on the other hand doesn't know the meaning of rock'n'roll anymore and should be carrying a briefcase rather than a bass guitar.

I'd say Gene lost the meaning of it all in about 1978!
By his own admission, he spent most of the eighties walking around dressed like something he'd fucked the night before. He went completely Hollywood, and it showed in his lack of commitment to the group. There was a brief period (from about 1992 up until the reunion) where his head was in the right place, but now he's just as half-arsed and arrogant as he ever was- if not worse!

Trent's right, Paul is the only one who's still interested in making good, solid rock n'roll, but creatively speaking he's lost it. Look no further than Psycho Circus to find out just how far a once-great songwriter can slide :rolleyes:.

W