Kiss Condoms!

Wrathy... wouldn't you think though that Paul would have just as much say as Gene as to what happens? I would've thought so! It seems not though... :mad:

I think I may have just pinpointed the problem actually. Gene has too much involvement in the band's affairs now! If you think back in the old days (particularly the non-makeup era, coz as you said Gene wasn't involved much at the time, so his influence would've been felt less), you had Paul who was like the flashy rock star showman who knew how to write great rock'n'roll songs destined to be classics, you had pople like Bruce, the Erics and Vinnie who were top notch musicians to make those songs sound great and give the music class and flair, and you had Gene with his business mind to make the band into mega-stars and market them properly. Put all that together, and you have the makings of the greatest band ever!

Now thuogh, it seems like Gene is running the whole show.

Apparently he was quite good in one of the films he starred in too.... Dead Or Alive or something? Anyway, the one with Rutger Hauer where he plays some mad bomber or something haha.

He was in Trick Or Treat too :D But only for one scene, and Ozzy's cameo was much better.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Apparently he was quite good in one of the films he starred in too.... Dead Or Alive or something? Anyway, the one with Rutger Hauer where he plays some mad bomber or something haha.

He was in Trick Or Treat too :D But only for one scene, and Ozzy's cameo was much better.

Slash was in that movie Dead or Alive not sure about Gene though. It is the opening scene to the movie.
The scene is set on some harbour on a boat and "Slash" and I can't remember who else are there with one of those huge gun things that shoot a mini torpedo type of bomb.They shoot at some boat....can't remember what happens to them though.

Originally posted by Paul Stanley
"My opinion of the choices Gene chooses for himself is not important. My only concern is when he misrepresents either himself or KISS to impress or shock people. It's insulting and a disservice to both KISS and our fans for ANY member to dismiss our integrity or manipulate the perception of the band for a self-serving agenda."

Right on, Trent. In the early days Gene and Paul genuinely worked together and cared about what was best for the band. There were other times (eg Creatures and Revenge) where this happened, but for the most part during the 80s, Gene was out of the picture so Paul had to carry the can on his own. As soon as the idea for the reunion came about, Gene obviously thought it was time to take over completely, so he forgot about creativity, fired one of the best guitarists he's ever worked with, got the originals back together as the ultimate cash cow and stuck the KISS name on everything you could imagine just to line his wallet. Makes me sick...

Oh, and the best of Gene's movies is "Runaway", made in 1984. Anybody seen it?

W

Originally posted by The Trooper
Is that a real Paul quote or a joke? LOL coz it sounds real... haha!

'tis real. :) I could you find you the source, but I really can't be fucked..

"It's insulting and a disservice to both KISS and our fans for ANY member to dismiss our integrity or manipulate the perception of the band for a self-serving agenda."

Right on Paul! I knew he was still cool heheh. The band's best period as far as I'm concerned, was when Gene wasn't really involved and Paul carried the band (83-89). Even though Revenge was brilliant also and Creatures is my fave album, they are one-off great albums, but wouldn't count one album as an "era" of the band heh.

Wrathy, how do you think Gene has suddenly got this power over the rest of the band though? It's obvious Paul doesn't agree with the way Gene has been running the band and it's obvious that Ace and Peter didn't either... I would've thought Paul would have just as much power as Gene to be able to put his foot down and get the band back on track.

And I'll check out Runaway for sure I think!

Gene sucks! :puke:

Paul rocks! :worship: