Kiss Is Back!!!!!!!!!!!

Act One [Just KISS]:
Deuce, Strutter, Let Me Go Rock & Roll, Lick It Up, Calling Dr. Love, Psycho Circus

Act Two [KISS Acoustic with Symphony]:
Beth, Forever, Goin' Blind, Sure Know Something, Shandi

Act Three [KISS Electric with Symphony]:
Detroit Rock City, King Of the Night Time World, Do You Love Me, Shout it Out Loud, God Of Thunder, Love Gun, Black Diamond

Encores:
Great Expectations, I Was Made For Lovin' You , Rock N' Roll All Night

Pretty cool setlist from the symphony show. Goin' Blind is a seldom heard classic and Great Expectations has never been played live before.
They played 7 out of the 9 songs on Destroyer.

I have mixed emotions about this "return" of KISS. I've seen the band 20 times or so, and I went to 4 Farewell shows to say "goodbye" properly. I guess it was a farewell to the original line-up, because it seems there is always one scab in the line-up now. I am however excited about this symphony release, because like KISS Unplugged, it will show the public that underneath the make-up and bombs are some great rock and roll tunes written by two of Americas most prolific rock song writers: Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons.
I also feel really cheated by the idea of Japan and Oz having a fake Peter Criss (Eric Singer) 2 years ago, and now the US is getting a Fake Ace Frehley (Tommy Thayer). At least Pete is back, and I hear he is GREAT shape. I am still going to see them - at Comerica Park in August. I have seen KISS in ballrooms, small arenas, large arenas, midsized arenas, ampitheatres, but never in a stadium, and never in Detroit Rock City. If they deliver the goods enough in Detroit, I will buy tix to some other shows on the tour......

King of the Hill People said:
So is it really Kiss or is it Gene and Paul with two rent-a-kiss's?
Gene, Paul, & Peter. They (Paul & Gene) won't tour w/out at least one other original.......word is, they tried to get rid of both Peter and Ace for the overseas portions of the farewell tour, as both of them were earning $20,000 per gig and wanted a raise. However, Japanese promoters and Oz promoters stepped up to the plate, and said 3/4 KISS or no KISS. They gave Ace a raise, cut off negotiations w/ Peter, and hired Eric Singer for a fraction of what they paid Pete. Well, lo and behold Ace has slipped off into the world of drugs and solo album disillusions of granduer, and Paul and Gene had to get Peter back, because the US promoters weren't going to bookl this AeroKiss tour w/out 3/4's of KISS either. I'm happy for Peter, but I wish they'd end the bullshit and get Ace back.

TD... I agree with you wholeheartedly... I think the symphony thing is cool... i probably won't buy it due to the fact that it isn't the four original guys, but it is cool. I wonder what happened to the original Alive IV... New Years Eve 99/00... prob being saved for Alive V.

Oh yeah, Ace lives in Westchester County, NY. My gear hookup at Guitar Center is friends with him and told me that Ace is currently working on a film with Danny Aiello. He plays a drug dealer. Character acting shouldn't be hard for him.

A guy from my town whose name I'll leave anonymous used to drive Ace's bus and take care of security during the 92-94 tours. He used to call me when Ace was going to be in the area, and he even used to bring Ace bar hopping here in my small town. Anyway, Ace was a mess then. I mean a MESS. He cleaned surprisingly well in 1996, but by 1998, when KISS was doing PC, he was staying w/ Dimebag Darrell in Texas doing who knows what, and he has continued to slide since then.

As for Alive 4 from Vancouver 99/00, I think they just shelved it since it was in limbo for so long. They really should've released in 2000 to go along w/ the Farewell tour. No one is interested in it at this point.

kiss sure has overstayed there welcome but if they were my favourite i prob wouldnt care how many farwell shows they did,i saw them when they did there last reunion shows here and i would see them again!

mrthrax said:
kiss sure has overstayed there welcome but if they were my favourite i prob wouldnt care how many farwell shows they did,i saw them when they did there last reunion shows here and i would see them again!

I don't believe any band can over stay their welcome so long as people are still buying tix and going to the shows. Now, if you were once an arena attraction and are now playing 150 capacity pubs, you've probably over stayed your welcome. Every year someone like The Who or The Stones tour, and then someone runs their mouth about these bands staying around too long yadda, yadda, yadda. Ya know what - if you don't like them, don't buy a fucking ticket, there are plenty of people who will $100 to see these bands play arenas, ampitheatres, and stadiums. On another note, I really hate that whole "hair" genre. But why would I want Poison et al to go away? If people want to go see them every summer, more power to them.

Can a band "tarnish their legacy," by touring after their prime and putting out lessor singles and albums? Sure, but does a new song really diminish how good an old song was???? The answer to that has to be no. So once again, if you don't like the new Stones or new Aerosmith (I don't dig either bands newer material) don't listen. A new Aerosmith album that sucks, doesn't diminish the fact the Toys in the Attic is epic. Rant over.

TD said:
I don't believe any band can over stay their welcome so long as people are still buying tix and going to the shows. Now, if you were once an arena attraction and are now playing 150 capacity pubs, you've probably over stayed your welcome. Every year someone like The Who or The Stones tour, and then someone runs their mouth about these bands staying around too long yadda, yadda, yadda. Ya know what - if you don't like them, don't buy a fucking ticket, there are plenty of people who will $100 to see these bands play arenas, ampitheatres, and stadiums. On another note, I really hate that whole "hair" genre. But why would I want Poison et al to go away? If people want to go see them every summer, more power to them.

Can a band "tarnish their legacy," by touring after their prime and putting out lessor singles and albums? Sure, but does a new song really diminish how good an old song was???? The answer to that has to be no. So once again, if you don't like the new Stones or new Aerosmith (I don't dig either bands newer material) don't listen. A new Aerosmith album that sucks, doesn't diminish the fact the Toys in the Attic is epic. Rant over.

That was the most beautiful thing Ty has ever said.

i wasnt havin a go at them and saying they have overstayed there welcome wasnt really the phrase i was looking for,sorry to offend the kiss army lol!!!

there was just so much bullshit when they last toured australia on there reunion shows about there last ever gig was going to be played in queensland australia.

TD said:
I don't believe any band can over stay their welcome so long as people are still buying tix and going to the shows.

I totally agree but when a band does more then one or MAYBE two "farewell" tours it's really lame IMO. Kiss have done what? four? They should say that they're going to keep going untill they're not physically able to do it anymore or just hang it up for real.