Kitty's Official Attention Whore Thread

don't listen to butternutter.

the time to make the decision of "i need to take some time off, i can't get 'into' studying now", is, i think, between undergrad and grad school, NOT in the middle of undergrad. make yourself work through undergrad, and THEN take a few years to figure out exactly what you want to go to grad school for so you're really happy while you're there.

also wtf meghan's attention whore thread has already drawn more replies than my spider masturbation thread got in like two days!

I am debating moving back to Spain and finishing school where I was in October. It sounds like a much better idea than Santa Cruz. I feel like I have settled for a second rate school and I think that is part of what is bothering me.

upon checking google, i guess i should not be shocked that there is such thing as a drider fetish among furries.

AR9-drider.JPG

mindspell said:
Aaaaah! That was you!
Yeah, heh, sorry about that. :erk:

xfer said:
the time to make the decision of "i need to take some time off, i can't get 'into' studying now", is, i think, between undergrad and grad school, NOT in the middle of undergrad.
Strange, you don't strike me as the type who thinks there's a universal template everyone can cozy into. I still stand behind my previous post, the time to go to university is WHEN YOU'RE READY! And Kitty strikes me as one of those "thirst for knowledge" people so I've no doubt she'll be back in school before her mother is released from the "rest home".

I think the new plan is to go to UC Davis instead. Santa Cruz (the lovely hippie fuckups that they are) lost a bunch of my information again, including but not limited to my enrollment in classes. So basically they forgot I existed anyway. And Davis has a better Japanese program, and I just found out that UC Santa Cruz cut their Japanese program into an East Asian Studies program. I don't want to study China!!! This will mean some time off school just because I don't think I can get into Davis for Winter or Spring at this point, but it does mean that there is a plan, so I will still be going.

i mean i think it depends on the student. i agree that you should make an arrangement for going back, which it looks like you did. i also figure that if you are paying moeny for school you should make sure it is the exact place you want to be because i didn't do that and i kind of regret it now.

also i work at berklee and i just counseled a student today who took three or four years off of school and is back now. so if you focus yourself on going back thenchances are good you will follow through.

Take the break, I say. Maybe you can't trust yourself to go back to your studies afterwards, but then maybe you really won't want to, after your break. Can't make descisions now for then. What you do know, is that you can't handle the prospect of going back come fall, so that's what you have to deal with now. Whether or not you're going to go back to school afterwards is something to decide when you're done with the current situation. Making long plans is I think a bit futile anyhow.

ultimately you have to do what your heart tells you to do. as the cool dead guy thread illustrates, we get no guarantees in this life, and no guarantee of another. Everyone here is giving good advice from their own perspective, but only you walk in your own shoes and know what you can handle.

on the plus side, you can exchange japanese emails with coelacanth_m.