Krank

I am officially not on the bus yet - haven't used one at this point. I spoke to a couple of people who have used them, and they weren't impressed. I would definitely like to try one though, see what the fuss is about.

I personally think they blend well with other amps, when quadtracking etc. But I've never really dug their individual sound. Very graty and harsh, in my opinion.

As always, would be interesting to hear what Neil can do with them!

I'm not much of a fan, but I haven't had any first hand experience with them. Every clip I've heard has an "overly-scooped" sound to it, but that could be the settings used, and I don't like the fact that it's called the "Kleen" channel.

i did a recording with one a little bit ago and i didnt like the sound on its own but sounded quite good when quad tracked 2 tracks of 5150 and 2 tracks of the krankenstein. the cabs are garbage though IMO

It's the sub sneap forum.

Sorry, Neil.. I hit the BACK button and landed here and saw GGI and Ken.

Neil - I am forever indebted to you for the work you did on the Nev self titled.

Peace out, homies. =)

GGI - Enjoy that Krankenstein!!!!

EtherForBreakfast said:
It's the sub sneap forum.

Sorry, Neil.. I hit the BACK button and landed here and saw GGI and Ken.

Neil - I am forever indebted to you for the work you did on the Nev self titled.

Peace out, homies. =)

GGI - Enjoy that Krankenstein!!!!

Dude I definitely am, still dialing in my live tone...are you running any EQ on your revo? I've got an EQ that I was using w/ 5150 but the Krankenstein sounds so sick as it is, I don't even know if I need it.

Genius Gone Insane said:
Dude I definitely am, still dialing in my live tone...are you running any EQ on your revo? I've got an EQ that I was using w/ 5150 but the Krankenstein sounds so sick as it is, I don't even know if I need it.
I thought the samples you posted were pretty good sounding. It's interesting that I've liked the recordings I've heard but live it's seemed a little "radall-y" for my taste.

George Necola said:
the Krankenstein, you can hear it on the samplesong from this band:

www.myspace.com/illdisposed

the guitarlines are played 4 times (doubling).

cheers George

Nice tone, i get a big Arch Enemy vibe from it. Though even with the thickness of your tone i can see why people say they sound scooped. Its like they have some low mids missing, almost to clean up their muddiness, but not...??

George Necola said:
the Krankenstein, you can hear it on the samplesong from this band:

www.myspace.com/illdisposed

the guitarlines are played 4 times (doubling).

cheers George
duuuude...you know illdisposed? cool :kickass: they're great guys and friends with my band.

as for the myspace thing, only the first song "our heroin recess" features the krank krankenstein. it's also not 4 tracks of the krank, but 2 krank and 2 bogner überschall.
dark is off the 1800 vindication record which features a similar setup but with a dual recto instead of the krank.
dunno about the other songs, although i recall them using their live rigs (=line 6 flextone, nowadays it's the hd147) for an earlier record, i think either submit or there's something rotten....

btw, iirc there's also some tube screamin' going on on the latest one.

as for the myspace thing, only the first song "our heroin recess" features the krank krankenstein. it's also not 4 tracks of the krank, but 2 krank and 2 bogner überschall.

whatever works right.. but this is first hand information from the bat (guitarist). but its true its only on the song our heroin recess..:) :worship: :worship:

cheers George

well, as far as the 1800 album is concerned it's also first hand information. i haven't personally talked to em for a while now, but last time i checked they had the uber and the krank in the studio, and iirc jacob answered a question in their forum regarding the gear for the new album, and as i said, i think he said uber and krank.
kinda makes sense to me, after all they thought the uber sounded impressive when recording the 1800 album.

"im a marshall guy.. cant beat the low mids.."
quite a contradiction, but well.....
i personally think that both my 5150 and my framus cobra rip my jcm800 a new one as far as thrash metal goes...although i'd surely use the jcm800 for a more mellow band, along the lines of e.g. savatage.