Krank

Dimebag-15 said:
I have a krankenstein, and i love it, GGI, what r ur eq settings?

Dude, with my A.D.D., I'm still dialing it in, can't decide. Lately I've found some success using radical settings, getting sort of an ultra-heavy tone, Fear Factory-ish. I'm using EMGs.

Sweep way down (but play with this, depending on how much low end your guitar/pickup combo has.
Presence way, way, way up.
Bass way up.
Mids and treble WAY down. In fact, no mids I think.
Gain pretty high up.

Do this with the master volume up pretty high (1/2 way) and the channel gain pretty low. I know these settings sound crazy but with a decent cabinet, this should sound pretty effing rad, if you're into that electronic sound.

I just wanted to air that out.

But to answer your questions, you should check out the Andy Sneap forum if you haven't already, do a Krank search and you should find plenty of info, including Andy's settings (but I think they were on a Revolution). Steve Smythe from Nevermore also posted his settings and I have them if you are interested.

sure, i'll take his settings, i set my krankenstein way opposite of u, here r my settings.
Pres. - 5
Sweep - full
Bass - 3.5
Mid - 5
Treble - 6
Mast.1 - 8
Gain - 8.5

Sorry it took so long, kinda lost it:

"As for the live settings we use on the Krankenstein head, (I use Krankenstein cabs, Jeff is using the Rev cabs btw), I think Jeff and I are a little diferent form one another , but I do like to keep the Sweep control ( the best feature and often the most overookeed, but the key to it's tone) at around 1 or 2 o'clock, and keeping the gain down to about 3 or 4o'clock, brings in the clarity of the amp a lot more, and dialing preferable eq ( plenty of mids, less low end for me, and a fair amoiunt of high end), and I'm stil using the Dime designed Eminence Teaxs Heat Speakers. I was going to switch over to Celestions, but haven't heard much of a differenec in terms of clarity and output, so may hold off on that for a while. There's this eird calrity, alomost acoustic tone you're getting with those speakers, from the amp, and it's a really cool vibe that I am digging on! Briings that amp to life!!"

I was interested in checking these amps out and like the little demo and clips that sneap put together in his forum a while back.. but I lost all interest upon learning that Krank was banned from harmony-central because their employees were caught posting fake/biased reviews of their own equipment h:lol: