KRUCIBLE THIS SATURDAY IN HOUSTON!!!!!!!

SavaVIDude

Savatage Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA, Earth
If you are within shouting distance of Houston this Saturday night (9/22), come on out to FBI #1 and enjoy Six Minute Century, Magistral, Wide Open Throttle and Krucible (w/Lance King). Three of these bands performed at this year's Texas Madfest. This will be the final tuneup for Krucible before this year's PP. Hope to see you all there!! Be there early - SMC kicks off at 8:45 PM.

Sorry about the typo - I can't spell my hometown!!

Chris :headbang:

Everyone do their best to be there, this is a warmup for ProgPower, it,s gonna MELT YOUR FACE!!!!!!

I'll be there with my brother-in-law and I'll look for you Tammy because finding you at concerts I attend has become somewhat of a tradition/expectation! :)

I'll be there with my brother-in-law and I'll look for you Tammy because finding you at concerts I attend has become somewhat of a tradition/expectation! :)

HAHAHA!! That made me laugh out loud! It's funny because it's true! I'm generally at every show, and you do end up finding me before I even know you're in the building! haha! Live Action 'Where's Waldo'!!

I'm really REALLY looking forward to this show! Madfest 1.5! :lol:

For those that don't know, Wide Open Throttle is also part of the Madfest Family! This is Eternity Black vocalist Ryan McKnight's other band! :kickass:

I sure hope they improved the sound at this new location. The last time I went, those cinderblock walls made all the bands sound extremely loud and harsh. In essence, noise and not music.

So what are the planned times for the various bands to hit the stage?

I sure hope they improved the sound at this new location. The last time I went, those cinderblock walls made all the bands sound extremely loud and harsh. In essence, noise and not music.

Hmm, when were you there last? I think the sound guy has it under control now, because it sounds pretty great at FBI #1! Of course there are a million things that can affect that.

Not sure of the exact times for each set but it begins around 8:30. You might be able to guess the rest of the set times from there.

The new FBI though not extremely large, has an awesome sound system and lightning set up, the guys who runs the sound is totally good at his job, and the acoustics in the venue are pretty tight. So don't worry.

Six Minute Century - 8:45 PM
Magistral
Krucible
Wide Open Throttle

I dunno why Krucible is not last, but that is the order.

I am sooooooooooooooo gonna ROCK MY ASS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magistral
Krucible
Wide Open Throttle

Have a great show, guys! I so WISH I could be there for my brother :(

Hug my favorite sister for me!!!!!

Magistral
Krucible
Wide Open Throttle

Never heard of Wide Open Throttle, are they pretty popular locally? Maybe they're last because the last slot is going to be have a late start time, and a lot of people will have left by then? I remember when we saw Zero Hour there a while back they didn't go on until like 12:30 (or maybe later) and there was hardly anybody left for their set.

Never heard of Wide Open Throttle, are they pretty popular locally? Maybe they're last because the last slot is going to be have a late start time, and a lot of people will have left by then? I remember when we saw Zero Hour there a while back they didn't go on until like 12:30 (or maybe later) and there was hardly anybody left for their set.

On local shows, usually the last band has the biggest drawing crowd. They are put last to make people stay for the whole night. As with every show, you can't guarantee it will work out that way :erk:

This is not the case here, it is just a question of timing and drawing power, and having the biggest crowd available for all bands. Though KRUCIBLE has allot of draw, MAGISTRAL has the biggest in Houston by far so KRUCIBLE choice to go on after them to have maximum crowd overlap. WoT has a decent draw but not like MAGISTRAL so hence the schedule reformatting.

I've only seen Magistral the one time, so I've not seen how well they draw on a regular basis. Like John said, if they always draw the numbers they did at Madfest, then it's good to have them in the middle of the roster to get people to come early (just as a popular band at the end of the night gets people to stay late). So hopefully the place will be packed all night! :headbang:

Wow......what a great show. All the bands were killer and it was cool meeting some folks from the forum. I don't remeber all the screen names but I know there was tammy, savidude, see you in hell, thorn23tx(I think) and a couple of others. Great to meet you all. I am very glad I went as I had hesitations not really knowing much about these bands. Lance King turned in a stellar performance. You guys going to the showcase are in for a treat.

Wow, what a night! Excellent performances! Six Minute Century sounded fantastic and Chuck was really spot-on! Magistral brought mad amounts of energy and power! Again, they had the place packed to the walls! Everyone stayed to watch Krucible show 'em how it's done! They are true professionals in every manner and their set proved it! Wide Open Throttle had to cancel due to their singer being sick, but members of the band still came out to support the show!

Wow......what a great show. All the bands were killer and it was cool meeting some folks from the forum. I don't remeber all the screen names but I know there was tammy, savidude, see you in hell, thorn23tx(I think) and a couple of others. Great to meet you all. I am very glad I went as I had hesitations not really knowing much about these bands. Lance King turned in a stellar performance. You guys going to the showcase are in for a treat.

It was great to meet you too! Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye, but it was fun to chat with you for a bit! We'll be sure to talk more at PP! Thanks again for coming all the way from Tennessee!! :loco:

There were so many familiar faces in the audience, it really felt like Madfest 1.5! :lol: Lori, Beth, Shadoe, Annie, Carolyn, Bobby from Outworld, Andrew from Dark Empire, Paul & Anita! It was great to see you all again!

We left after saying goodnight to everyone and got back to Dallas at 8am! :zombie: I just woke up a few minutes ago, stiff as a board and aching from all the rockin' out. I guess it was a ProgPower warmup for all of us :lol:

Great, great show! Definitely worth the drive down to Houston! Krucible are ready for ProgPower no doubt!! Here are a few pics from the show...

100_2114.jpg

100_2115.jpg

100_2118.jpg

100_2121.jpg