KRUCIBLE THIS SATURDAY IN HOUSTON!!!!!!!

Yes, it was a fantastic show! It was awesome getting to see Tammy, Rick and Andy and also getting a chance to meet you as well FatesFan! I'm terrible with names, so my apologies that I only know you by your screen name. There was one other guy who I met there who took video of pretty much the whole Krucible set, so hello to you as well! My brother-in-law who came with me was completely impressed with all three bands (as was I, having missed Madfest,) thought all of my PP friends were cool as doggie do, and he's already talking about finding a way to get to PPUSA IX (Which I've tried to do for two years!) ;)

Now for the bands:

Six Minute Century were great! They played two covers in their set ("24 Hours Ago" by the mighty 'Tage and "Seven Seas" by TNT) which were damn good renditions! I didn't know the other songs they played having never seen them before, but the music was good and I enjoyed their set. In an aside, I felt bad for the lead singer because he lost his niece earlier in the week, but he still forged ahead and channeled his energy into a great show and even dedicated the last song to her which was touching.

Magistral was the biggest surprise for me. This Chilean band has two smokin' guitarists (and the one who does most of the soloing is un-freaking-believable) and an extremely talented rhythm section - their bassist was pulling off some tremendous runs and their drummer was jaw-dropping as well. I can't recall the name of the Helloween song that they covered at this very moment , but I remember that it was a killer rendition. The singer said that they are working on an album and hope to have it out in a couple months. I hope that is true and that they aren't a day late with it because they were that good. The crowd was definitely into them the most out of all three bands - but it seemed like a younger crowd to me and a lot of them left right after Magistral's set - perhaps because of curfew issues? :lol:

Anyway, Krucible came on last and were spectacular. Lance's voice was spot-on (every bit as good as I recall with Pyramaze) and seeing Shane's facial expressions as he played cracked me up. Don LaFon and the other guitarist were also very good and the drummer pulled off another amazing set (after blistering the skins once already with Six Minute Century earlier that night.) I didn't see much of the keyboard player, but he was tucked away in the back and out of the spotlights. I definitely enjoyed the Krucible songs a lot and think they will impress a large portion of the ProgPower crowd. They played one song from Lance's "history" as he put it from the stage. Make sure you get there early on Thursday ladies and gentlemen because you won't want to hear about how you missed a second of this set! :headbang:

I can't recall the name of the Helloween song that they covered at this very moment , but I remember that it was a killer rendition.

I recognized a cover song in the middle of the set and could not place it and still can't. Crazy thing is that I know the song well but can't come up with the band or song title. I was not thinking Helloween but maybe it is....I will look it up on that leed.

Sorry I never got back over to you and your crew, you all seemed like way cool guys.

EDIT: It was Helloween................"Where the rain grows" from Master of the rings. It was a great cover!

Well, it ended up being a pretty good night. Six Minute Century showed real potential. Excellent drummer. I knew Madrigal from the PP preparty several years ago. I was not impressed with them back then but in all fairness, the sound was horrible that year in Atlanta for the preparty. This time around, they showed some real chops. I especially liked the instrumental bits when the singer was nice enough to leave the stage. Sorry guys but I am not a fan of this singer. And I get it that your from Chili. I don't need to be endlessly reminded of that fact. Two years later ago it was the same constant reminder of their country of origin.

So on to Krucible. This band shows great promise. Their own material is hit or miss. But the musicians are all professional and when a full albums worth of songs is finished, they maybe quite good. The best by far is Reborn. I am glad to see Lance in this band, yet still surprised he would join such a young band. He's a true professional and you could tell he really enjoyed the chance to perform before a small but enthusiiastic crowd. As for Shane, that's the best performance I have ever seen from him. He's got his act together and playing tight. So don't miss this band at the Showcase. They will set the standard for the day.

Oh and the sound at FBI is a drastic improvement. Last year at his new location it was harsh but this time it was spot on perfect. Obviously they made some upgrades in sound proofing and mixing. It's now as good if not better than the old location and easily beats the Center Stage PP sound (from any year of the festival).

Thanks for all the comments, I too very much enjoyed SIX MINUTE CENTURY and MAGISTRAL's sets, both these bands are class acts, if you didn'nt already notice on the Nightmare Forum, I signed SIX MINUTE CENTURY for their new album coming...

Wanted to say, the "Other guitar players name" is Eric Halpern
formerly of Z-LOT-Z & HELSTAR and he played the showcase last year with LEATHERWOLF as well...can't have Eric feeling like he's not a rock star ; )

Also Don had mentioned that someone here had posted that our set was on friday, forgive me I didn't see that.....but I was skimming....I wanted to set the record strait on that though, we are the FIRST BAND ON THURSDAY....so come early to the SHOWCASE and catch our set!

Rage on!

I am glad to see Lance in this band, yet still surprised he would join such a young band. He's a true professional and you could tell he really enjoyed the chance to perform before a small but enthusiastic crowd. .

I just had to jump in here and say..... that while this band is certainly not well known yet, it is far from young, all the players in it are seasoned metal musicians and have worked together for a long time in various things, excluding myself. This is of course why I was interested in the band, the music is great, the members are great to work with. After all, Pyramaze was certainly a young band and totally unknown before I started working with them, as was Balance of Power, Empire, Avian, Shining Star and every other album I've ever sung on. I take the opportunities as they come, and this was a good one ; )

Thanks for all the comments, I too very much enjoyed SIX MINUTE CENTURY and MAGISTRAL's sets, both these bands are class acts, if you didn'nt already notice on the Nightmare Forum, I signed SIX MINUTE CENTURY for their new album coming...

Wanted to say, the "Other guitar players name" is Eric Helpern
formerly of Z-LOT-Z & HELSTAR and he played the showcase last year with LEATHERWOLF as well...can't have Eric feeling like he's not a rock star ; )

Also Don had mentioned that someone here had posted that our set was on friday, forgive me I didn't see that.....but I was skimming....I wanted to set the record strait on that though, we are the FIRST BAND ON THURSDAY....so come early to the SHOWCASE and catch our set!

Rage on!

Oooops... that was my bad on both counts. Thanks for letting me know Eric's name, Lance - he was a rock star (as were all members of the band) that night. I'm very much looking forward to seeing you on THURSDAY night.

Lance, how is that Secret Order of the Starfish project coming along?

Has yet to begin actually....and the title once we get there will be THE SECRET SOCIETY OF STARFISH....
This is one of those things that may take awhile to see the light of day, but I think will be worth it when it finally arrives.

members of Dimension X and and a few other folks that are extreamly talented, DX just released their new album, speaking of which I need to see if I can get some of that in for PP this year...doh

It's a lot heavier than their previous 70's prog style stuff, they're going for prog metal on this one.

WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a show!! As usual, SMC didn't dissappoint!! It was good seeing all you guyz from this board. I, too, am shitty with names!! I just about come unglued when SMC plays 24 Hours Ago!! Don really nails the Criss (RIP) solos!! Their originals are about real events (Oklahoma City bombing, Jonetown massacre, and conversations with God). Check their website:

http://www.sixminutecentury.com/

I had forgotten how friggin' good the guitarists are from Magistral. The guy on the right was as good as I've seen in a LONG time.

You guyz are in for a treat when Krucible plays the Showcase. They grow tighter with each performance. I can't wait to hear their studio work.

Looking forward to seeing all of you at PP next week.

Chris :headbang: