KSE Cover - Who wants to do vocals?

Threw this together very quickly today, using that Triple Recto rig with some different settings to my other thread. Used some Fredman micing this time, I'm pretty happy with the guitar sound.

Drums are just DFHS, the toms got kind of killed in the OH tracks, I need to see to that.

Anyway what do you think? and anyone want to stick some vocals over it? Descent are you there?

Fixation On The Darkness
Updated Mix

And apologies for the sloppy guitar playing, haven't had a lot of time to play recently!

Dude, I'm really digging the sound of DFHS drums. You should share the setting or what drumset you used and all that jazz. Plus, I dig the crunch of the Triple Rec.

Wish I had the voice to help ya with the vocals.

Remo - As far as the DFHS drums go, kick was the Premier kick. I really like this kick, once you take out some of the 130-180Hz, and boost some lows and click into it, it can sound pretty great. I blended in a Tama sample too at about 20% just to give it more consistancy. Snare is a bit of the original (DW snare) which I really like the sound of raw, mixed with a couple of others I have.

Glad you liked it, let us know if there as any other questions you have.

Remo - As far as the DFHS drums go, kick was the Premier kick. I really like this kick, once you take out some of the 130-180Hz, and boost some lows and click into it, it can sound pretty great. I blended in a Tama sample too at about 20% just to give it more consistancy. Snare is a bit of the original (DW snare) which I really like the sound of raw, mixed with a couple of others I have.

Glad you liked it, let us know if there as any other questions you have.

Awesome. I rarely think to mess around with the Premier kick, but I will try it out again and see if I can morph it a bit. How about the cymbal setup? Any ones you go for? Or heck, do ya have the DFHS kit file? :headbang:

haha, I'm not sure if I saved it - I really don't spend much time choosing. Ill have a look now though for you and upload what I can.

DFHSsettings.jpg

Threw this together very quickly today, using that Triple Recto rig with some different settings to my other thread. Used some Fredman micing this time, I'm pretty happy with the guitar sound.

Drums are just DFHS, the toms got kind of killed in the OH tracks, I need to see to that.

Anyway what do you think? and anyone want to stick some vocals over it? Descent are you there?

Fixation On The Darkness

And apologies for the sloppy guitar playing, haven't had a lot of time to play recently!

I'm on it my man! lol
Will give it a crack when i get a chance, somepoint in the next 7 days hopefully. Mixing a mates bands demo i recorded at the mo so better try and finish that off first.

Channel 3 (Red), Modern and Bold settings

Gain: 12:30
Bass: 2:30
Mid: 2
Treble: 10
Presence: 8:30

Going into a Mesa Traditional cab, 4 rhythm tracks. 2 rhythm tracks are with just 57, and 2 are with a 57 and an i5 fredman style, with the i5 at 45 degrees. It added a nice extra high end to the tone. I used very little EQ on this afterwards, and a bit of C4 which really makes a big difference on Rectifiers.

Machinated: I think you did a very tasteful cover of their tune. Sounds really good through my speakers. I love how you mixed all of the versions. If you don't mind giving a tip, what did you use on your 2-Bus?
As for the playing: very tight, and clean. Nicely done.
Thank you for sharing with us!
Take care.