KSE Cover - Who wants to do vocals?

and here is Descents attempt, with Everybody's X's singing on the chorus. Mixed it a little different, but yeah, let us know what you think. Still need to spend more time on it, but I'm pretty busy right now.

Oh yeah, Descent - I'm loving your bands stuff, downloaded all your songs off your myspace!

Wow, Machinated this sounds AWESOME!

How do you get so much PUNCH to the whole the mix?

And on the drums too. It all sounds massive. Is it down to the mastering chain you mentioned?

I mainly use EzDrummer + DFH add on but replace the kick and snare. Everything just ends up sounding so damn "thin" though. :erk:

Cheers

I know it probably sounds cliched and unhelpful, but practise my good man. The kick is 100% DFHS with my processing, its the Premier kick. Once you apply some EQ to it, it can sound awesome. Get that 130Hz-180Hz out of there, cut the mids a little, and boost the click and low end to taste.

I used the URS Classic Console Strip plug, I really like this on the drum buss, really good I recommend it. Nothing fancy going on on my mastering chain, I try to get it right in the mix first. Its a horrible answer, but just keep at it and you will get there.

Glad you liked it!

Ah I understand a bit better now! Thanks for your help!

Do you use C4 on the whole mix? Or just the guitars?

Or is it a case of setting up a buss to route all the guitars to and having the C4 preset loaded on there and then the same for routing the drum tracks too and but having the URS Console Strip on that particular buss?

It sounds seriously pro dude!:headbang:

and here is Descents attempt, with Everybody's X's singing on the chorus. Mixed it a little different, but yeah, let us know what you think. Still need to spend more time on it, but I'm pretty busy right now.

Oh yeah, Descent - I'm loving your bands stuff, downloaded all your songs off your myspace!

cool cheers! u cant download the tracks off myspace tho........ maybe u have old mixes that were up, final mix/mastered tracks r up now!
I'm assuming u mean the Descent stuff? all tracked, mixed and mastered by me!
First thing i've done so it's not perfect (still learning all the time) but i'm happy with how it came out.

Aidy, I use the C4 on a guitar buss where all the guitar tracks are sent too. I'm only compressing the lower midrange. I used Andy's preset as a starting point, but changed it a bit as it was taking out more lows than I wanted.

The Console Strip is on a drum buss, haha don't know what else to say (i.e. all drum tracks arae routed to this). Hope it helps!

Just checking em out now, good stuff mate! I'll try and pick up a copy of your album when its about too \m/ You happy with how your vocals came out on Fixation? I can't stop listening it it :kickass:

Yeah vox sound great! as i said i'm not too hot on vocal mixing yet, mind u only mixed my own so i expect with some experiance of doing other peoples i'll get better. Always tricky mixing your own playing, singing etc as u arent hearing it with fresh ears, so to speak.
So i guess my melodic vox didnt cut the mustard :lol: not suprised, i'm not much of a singer. fun having a go tho.

Cheers for that Machinated!

I was trying to run the C4 loaded with the Sneap preset on every guitar track.. doh!

Much easier now I have a guitar Buss set up. Makes sense to have a seperate buss for each really. I've been doing it with drums but trying to manage everything else individually ha ha! :loco:

I just ran a compressor + eq plugin on the drum buss. Man, what a difference it makes to EzDrummer. Definately more beef to it but I think I might be overdoing it as it sounds a little boxy and bouncy now. Just gotta tweak and dial in the right settings...

Sorry to go a bit off topic there...

I think this is the best sounding mixed cover yet on this forum that I've come across. Vocals sound SWEET too. Would love to hear more!

Yeah vox sound great! as i said i'm not too hot on vocal mixing yet, mind u only mixed my own so i expect with some experiance of doing other peoples i'll get better. Always tricky mixing your own playing, singing etc as u arent hearing it with fresh ears, so to speak.
So i guess my melodic vox didnt cut the mustard :lol: not suprised, i'm not much of a singer. fun having a go tho.

Hahaha, thought I'd spare your blushes mate! Just joking, but I prefered your shouting, and EX's singing so I just stuck em together. Great job on it though mate.

You should also post more threads with clips of your band so I can see what you are doing with yourselves!

Hahaha, thought I'd spare your blushes mate! Just joking, but I prefered your shouting, and EX's singing so I just stuck em together. Great job on it though mate.

You should also post more threads with clips of your band so I can see what you are doing with yourselves!

What do u mean? post up demo's as i'm working on them? Should be demoing some new Descent tunes at some point soonish. Currently mixing a friends band/project demo that i tracked, will post up a song off that for peeps to check out later.