Lacuna Coil US Tour...w/guests Within Temptation!

Just got back from Montreal. I skipped Lacuna Coil because I didn't want to get home at 4 in the morning. I'm a little sad I missed LC but I saw them 3x when they were supporting Comalies so I've seen them perform a majority of my favourite songs that they don't play these days. Still was an awesome show.
There were two interesting WT fans that I had to get stuck next to at different periods of the night. The first was a guy with a homemade WT shirt, drunk out of his mind, swaying every which way, & farting up a freaking storm (he puts the PP farter to shame). For the second, you know that annoying girl who screams at a super high pitch and blows out your eardrums? Well, I had the male version of this. Seriously never had a guy reach that octave before. The saddest thing, despite how much he blew out my ears after every song, he didn't even know the name of the songs. At one point he was yelling for them to play "Fallen Angel." You know... that song called Angels where she says fallen angel on occasion. Overall I'm happy with what they sang for their short set. The only major thing I would have liked is a different song from The Silent Force. Stand My Ground is my least favourite song from the album. Would have loved to hear Jillian, "Fallen Angel," or Aquarius instead.

Within Temptation is the perfect band to headline next year. That 40 minutes was absolutely mind-blowing. Perfect sound, great songs (which we knew already), a ton of energy...what more could you ask for?

I thought their DVD's may have been fixed up quite a bit....boy was I wrong.

I do enjoy Lacuna Coil, but they couldn't hold a candle to Within Temptation. I think all fans would agree.

The Columbia show was awesome. Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation put on a great show. I was very impressived with Stolen Babies and I bought their CD immediately after their set. In This Moment did nothing for me, although my friend loved them. All the women were pretty hot, especially Sharon. I really enjoyed the Within Temptation (not only for the music) because Sharon was about 10 feet in front of me for nearly the whole set. :) nuff said

They played NO NEED TO EXPLAIN!!!!!!
and My Wings!!

I couldn't fucking believe it. No Need To Explain is my favorite song of theirs and I was floored when they played it. They also played Senzafine.

They played No Need to Explain??? Wow. You're so lucky!! In New York they played My Wings, which was a shock to me. And when they played To Live is to Hide and Senzafine I almost cried. I never would have imagined!

Within Temptation was absolutely incredible. Out of every clean singing female fronted band that I've seen live, Sharon gets the job done 100%. In my opinion, the best I have seen so far. And she's so nice! And I agree, so beautiful in person more than on pictures.

Anyway, they kept mentioning how they will be back in September. :)

Anyway, they kept mentioning how they will be back in September. :)

Awesome. They talked mostly in French at Montreal so I didn't understand most of what was said if they mentioned anything like that. Hopefully a full tour to support the new album since it'll be out in the US. By the crowd reaction, they could easily have headlined their own tour, which I fully expected.

A couple of comments on previous posts...

I asked Andrea about this, he said that the intent was to play a lot of the smaller towns that metal shows usually skipped. Yeah...bummer for the Atlanta crowd (I would have taken an extra day off and seen a second show if it had rolled through the ATL), but that was the reason.
That's cool. Thanks. Also, I know they just played ATL recently. In fact, I saw them play live TWICE in the ATL just last year. I really wanted to see WT, though.

Within Temptation totally ROCKED Spokane, WA tonight!!

I am totally stoked about how good they were! I've been hoping and hoping that they would show up one year in Atlanta but to actually see them in little ol' Spokane was unbelievable.

Unfortunately they were only able to play for about 40 minutes but they got a great reaction from the crowd. They played 5 songs from the new CD (Our Solumn Hour, What Have you Done Now, Frozen & The Heart of Everything), 1 from Silent Force (Stand My Ground) and 2 from Mother Earth (Mother Earth & Ice Queen). Not a long set-list but they were thoroughly enjoyable. They looked like they were enjoying themselves on stage. Lacuna Coil were the headliners and they had their serious metal faces on (frowning & snarling) but WT were just having a great time.

After their set they all hung out in front of the venue signing autographs and chatting with people. I'm so used to bands that vanish as soon as they can (Tarja) but Sharon hung out chatting and signing and taking pics as long as there were any fans left. I was a huge fan this morning but I'm twice that after the way they treated their fans tonight.

What a great night!

Edit: I said 5 songs from the new CD - They also played The Howling.

Saw the show last night. Holy shit!!! Within Temptation was awesome as was Lacuna Coil but WT stole the show, even with Sharon having some vocal problems. She has one of the most powerful vocals I have ever heard!!!!!Awesome show

Bear

He's tried in the past. They were basically nonresponsive but they also didn't have a US label until recently.

I read that too which is why I was surprised at how friendly and approachable they all were. Sharon didn't even stop for a drink of water before talking with fans, signing autographs and taking pictures. She stayed out there for at least 45 minutes, long after I'd gone back inside for Lacuna Coil.

They're playing tonight at a club down the street - just wondering what people thought of the newly added band to the tour? I may get there early/on time to check out stolen babies (they're on first) - but if I cant get there on time (have an 8 year olds b-day party to attend) - should i bust ass to catch the 2nd band? I'm really only going for WT, and a little LC.

Anyone?
jeff

Personally, I wouldn't miss Stolen Babies. Who is the new band on the bill?

I read that too which is why I was surprised at how friendly and approachable they all were. Sharon didn't even stop for a drink of water before talking with fans, signing autographs and taking pictures. She stayed out there for at least 45 minutes, long after I'd gone back inside for Lacuna Coil.

I'm not really sure what the deal was. I know he had similar issues with After Forever before but they dropped the label that wasn't ever contacting him back and the new label seems to want to push them in the US so this time he had much better luck (thank god!). Might have been the same issue with Within Temptation not having a US distribution before. It wasn't that it was the band but their label/management that wasn't bothering.

They're playing tonight at a club down the street - just wondering what people thought of the newly added band to the tour? I may get there early/on time to check out stolen babies (they're on first) - but if I cant get there on time (have an 8 year olds b-day party to attend) - should i bust ass to catch the 2nd band? I'm really only going for WT, and a little LC.

Be carefull, everything I read said the show I was going (Spokane) to was 4 bands. I was hanging out towards the back where there was seating for the first two and then I planned on working my way to the front for WT. I wasn't paying attention to the second band setting up until they started playing and I realized it was Within Temptation! A friend of mine had to work late and had no desire to see either of the first two bands so he showed up late and was surprised to see WT on stage already. Luckily he only missed half of the first song.