Lacuna Coil US Tour...w/guests Within Temptation!

Blue Cat's in Knoxville, TN opens their doors at 7:00 PM tonight with music starting at 7:45 PM. :headbang: The club allows cameras, so hopefully I'll get a few decent shots to post here. I'll post a quick rundown on Thursday, because I won't be around a computer on Wednesday.

~Brian~

Blue Cat's in Knoxville, TN opens their doors at 7:00 PM tonight with music starting at 7:45 PM. :headbang: The club allows cameras, so hopefully I'll get a few decent shots to post here. I'll post a quick rundown on Thursday, because I won't be around a computer on Wednesday.

~Brian~

Have fun. Can you pay attention to LC's setlist? I want to know how much of their older stuff they do this time around. I might head out halfway through if they're going to focus 95% on the new album like the last time I saw them.

Have fun. Can you pay attention to LC's setlist? I want to know how much of their older stuff they do this time around. I might head out halfway through if they're going to focus 95% on the new album like the last time I saw them.

Yeah, I'll try to at least summarize old stuff vs. new stuff for you. I've heard that they mainly focus on their new material though, which really doesn't matter to me. I'm pretty much a fan of their stuff all the way around.

~Brian~

Just got back from the Knoxville show and WT was killer. Thier set was way short but very good. Met a few of the guys from the band prior to the show and they were great.

I also met 2 forum members......Ruthven & Magius. It was nice meeting you guys. Hope to see you both at ProgPower.

I did not do my homework with my new digital camera and all my pics came out like crap so I can't post any. I think Edge of Thorns got some good shots though and he will post on Thursday no doubt.

Things overheard at the show.............................

I overheard a photographer talking to a dude about nightwish. He claims that the new singer for Nightwish is going to be Sarah Brightman and they are changing the band name to..............................Brightwish.o_O

Just got back from the Knoxville show and WT was killer. Thier set was way short but very good. Met a few of the guys from the band prior to the show and they were great.

I also met 2 forum members......Ruthven & Magius. It was nice meeting you guys. Hope to see you both at ProgPower.

I received a report from the former about two hours ago; he spoke highly of ya. :)

He said the venue was nothing short of awesome...great sight-lines, you could go in and out, etc.

Lacuna Coil apparently played a lot of older tunes, Jbrille, so that's a Good Thing.

Ruthven also said WT and Stolen Babies were both great, In This Moment were lousy, and he hopes that venue gets more metal shows in the future.

I overheard a photographer talking to a dude about nightwish. He claims that the new singer for Nightwish is going to be Sarah Brightman and they are changing the band name to..............................Brightwish.o_O

lol!

I heard a rumor that the new singer was actually Freddy Krueger and the band would now be called.....Frightwish! :heh:

Good to meet you too, man. See you in October. I also met Ruthven tonight, but missed eot somehow.

I did not do my homework with my new digital camera and all my pics came out like crap so I can't post any. I think Edge if Thorns got some good shots though and he will post on Thursday no doubt.

My buddy Wizrat and my daughter may have some I can post later this week.

I received a report from the former about two hours ago; he spoke highly of ya. :)

He said the venue was nothing short of awesome...great sight-lines, you could go in and out, etc.

Ditto on the venue which was Blue Cats. Red Iguana is right across the street btw... really. Awsome atmosphere, great visibility, fantastic sound. Also kudos to the stage crew. Extremely efficient and fast setup times between sets kept things moving realy quicklly. Four bands and out by 2345, which is good faced with a 4 1/2 hour drive home on a week night.

Extra Kudos to the sound guys. Perfect.

Ruthven also said WT and Stolen Babies were both great, In This Moment were lousy, and he hopes that venue gets more metal shows in the future.

Only caught a couple of Stolen Babies songs, and In This Moment didn't do a thing for me. If tours don't have an Atlanta date then I'd make the road trip back to Blue Cats anytime.

:lol: Sarah Brightman does not have the power to her voice to pull the job off. That'd be the scariest thing ever. If Tarja was a diva without having much of solo career at first, I can't imagine how bad Sarah would be. I used to listen to her music all the time. Once she turned a more classical route, I stopped. I just never thought she had the voice for it and it always sounded too forced.
I hope you couldn't see that guys face and he had a big grin on it while he was saying that. I can't imagine anyone actually saying it with a straight face.

crap, i need tickets for the NYC show of this tour...it sold out!!!

please message me, reply here, e-mail me, whatever...i need 2!!!

Good luck. I've been watching ebay and there were 4 tickets that were up to $180 2 days before it was supposed to end and the guy ended up removing the auction. Bunch of people looking for tickets on craigslist offering anywhere from $50-$100 for one ticket. It seems the scalpers didn't get ahold of these tickets and anyone who got them is not missing the show for anything. The scalpers probably didn't expect it to sellout so they could turn a profit. I really think Within Temptation is a big reason for how popular this show is. On last.fm the Montreal show is even listed as Within Temptation with Lacuna Coil, In This Moment, & Stolen Babies (it's also listed the right way but only 1 person is shown as attending that where as the WT version has around 11 people).

well I guess I'm gonna have to give up then. It's not worth it to see Within T play for a half hour. I'd only be left feeling empty inside anyway!

Oh well, time to make new plans for Saturday night!

I enjoyed the show overall, I didn't think that In This Moment was abysmal, but they aren't a band I am rushing out to buy their music anytime soon. Besides, that gave me a chance to talk to Stolen Babies. I have to admit that ITM was treating their fans very well.

I was a little unhappy with the sound during Stolen Babies, there was an issue of some sort but the actual performance was good. I saw them winning over people in the audience, so that was good for the real oddball band of the night. Still not sure how Dominique Persi unleashes those black metal screams effortlessly.

I was actually very happy with Within Temptation, I really liked the new stuff. If Nightwish fumbles the ball with their next album, I can easily see WT swooping in and grabbing their fans. And people look at me funny for saying this, but I never realized how beautiful Sharon Van Adel was. I've seen photos, she actually looks a hundred times better in real life. And she's a very accomplished frontperson.

Lacuna Coil did play mostly new material, which I feel comes off better live than on album (though I do like the last album, it is my least favorite). But thankfully, they also played old stuff including "No Need to Explain." One thing you can't deny, the road has made them good performers. Andi Ferro is one of my favorite frontmen in a live setting and he looked like he was having fun onstage (true to his polite nature, he was trying his best to make the people in the balconies feel involved). All of the members were very energetic.

And I loved the venue. I wish there was something like it in Atlanta, what with the open air area and the height of the stage. I got a reaonably good view no matter where I was in the audience. And a vending machine for 20 oz water bottles for $1...wish all venues would do that.

Downside of the evening: some fat skank - very possibly the same one from the Leaves' Eyes show in Atlanta last year - kept yelling lesbian catcalls about how she wanted to &^*% all the female performers that night. Have some personal dignity, for crying out loud!!! She also made disparaging comments about "all the 'old people' who were there." Hey dumbass, the members of Lacuna Coil are all in their mid-30's at least, I'd imagine the same is true about Within Temptation. And to compound her stupid yattering, which ran non-stop until I found a better spot, she made a comment about Kittie, a band which she was sure that "none of the people in this audience had ever heard of." NO I have never heard of this kvlt underground band named Kittie.

I love cats! Our last cat was named Kittie because I wanted to name her Thomasena and it just never stuck. You're talking about cats right?

And people look at me funny for saying this, but I never realized how beautiful Sharon Van Adel was. I've seen photos, she actually looks a hundred times better in real life. And she's a very accomplished frontperson.

I always thought that she was an attractive lady but I guess I was never goo goo over her like some people I know. However, after seeing her in person, I agree that any photo I have seen of her has not done her justice.

She is stunning in person. o_O :loco:

I always thought that she was an attractive lady but I guess I was never goo goo over her like some people I know. However, after seeing her in person, I agree that any photo I have seen of her has not done her justice.

That was basically my attitude. I would never have said she looked like a pile of dog vomit before, she was "attractive," but not someone I'd goo goo over. Now, things have changed. A lot of it probably had to do with seeing her "in motion," as opposed to a still photo or an obviously staged video. Stunningly pretty lady.

I always thought that she was an attractive lady but I guess I was never goo goo over her like some people I know.

I'm sure this comment is directed toward me and I admit it...I'm a Sharon fan boy! :p

With that being said, I second most of everything that Fates and Ruthven said regarding the bands and the venue. Blue Cat's is a very cool venue if you ever get a chance to go to a show there.

The one band that Ruthven and I differ on is Stolen Babies. They're just flat out not my cup of tea.

In This Moment on the other hand was enjoyable to me, because the music kicked ass. The female vocalist leaves much to be desired though. If she'd let go of the screaming, then I'd buy their stuff in other words.

Within Temptation was everything that I had hoped for! They put on an excellent set, of mostly new matieral, which I thought sounded cool live. I've yet to hear any new studio material, but I assure you I'll buy it blind! :)

Lacuna Coil came out and kicked ass! That's all there is to it. I went in not expecting too much from this band considering some comments made here on the board. Much to my surprise they put on a very high energy show that kept me there for the entire time! I thought they did a good balance of old and new material, so no complaints there. Basically, I went in on the fence about LC and came out a converted fan. The band's live performance totally won me over as a fan. So, to those of you that don't think Lacuna Coil puts on a good live set, you might want to consider seeing this headlining tour.

I'll post a few pics from the show tomorrow, because I don't have my camera with me today.

Ruthven, it was nice meeting you as well! Magius, I have no idea how Ruthven and FatesFan met you and I didn't? :kickass:

~Brian~

The one band that Ruthven and I differ on is Stolen Babies. They're just flat out not my cup of tea.

Yeah, and that's cool - I knew from the beginning that they were going to be the odd band out on the bill. I wouldn't even call them a "metal band," which means neither the "old guard" metal fans nor the fans of popular American metal were going to "get" them.

I just wish that the sound had been cleaned up more.