laiho comment from y.malmsteen

i hate selfish an egocentric musicien. They should die. those kindda asshole like: i got cash girl, and i can even play music(or i do, i never try to be any kind of better)

i'd say this is a commercial attitude. DEATH TO COMMERCIAL. Music gotta be more than arrogance.

Needled, ya called him a jackass because he doesn't keep up with current trends and bands? Well fuck you. :p It's pretty much the same with me. I want my music to be fresh and unique, and come completely from my own ideas. Otherwise you end up having a riff or three borrowed every second song, like a certain band that a few ppl here might have heard of... :rolleyes:

I don't mean I don't listen to other music -ever-, I just only listen to a couple bands (like CoB and the Black League)...

Let's sum up: imagine a guitar duel between Yngwie and Alexi... who wins?

I think we all know the answer... even Mr. Egomaniac Malmsteen. !:headbang:

By coincidence, in recent interview to Brazilian magazine Roadie Crew (check this thread: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=84273 ) Alexi was asked about his opinions about some other guitar players... Check what he answers about Yngwie.

Alexi Laiho: "I was more into his style when I was younger, when I was 12 or 13 years old. When I heard him for the first time, I almost went crazy. That's normal, 'cos when a 12, 13 years boy, who's learning to play guitar listens to Yngwie Malmsteen, the only thing to think about is how is possible to play like that. I still think he's a great guitar player and, with no doubt, a great influence on the Rock/Hard/Heavy scene nowadays. But I don't use to listen to his sound anymore, and he doesn't affects my style of playing anymore. I used to like him more when I was younger. Besides that, I absolutely respect him a lot."

The_Children_of_Decadence said:
YOU ARE WRONG.

YNGWIE LIVES IN THE 70's IN HIS MIND. HE FUCKING DOESN'T CARE ALEXI, BODOM, METALLICA, ETC.

HE JUST CARES, ABOUT ALLAN HORTSWOOD, HENDRIX, BLACKMORE, SCHENKER, ETC.
THIS IS HIS WORLD.

YOU MUST ACCEPT THIS.

THIS IS JUST A SAME THING, THAT YOU DON'T CARE WHAT DID ROBBIE WILLIAMS AND OTHER ASSHOLES.

KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we all understand this, we just don't agree with this kinda thinking. If you've red the whole interview, you probably saw some wierd things like "I'm not influenced by any other musician, I have no influences" (can't remember the exact sentence, and too lazy to open the link and search for it again :D )... I mean, wtf is that?? There's no artist who grows in a void!! Every musician is influenced by others, which is good thing, cos that's how music evolves (at least I think that). Besides, everyone who has EARS, can notice Yngwie's influences from Ritchie Blackmore or Uli Jon Roth. So why he has to deny it?? He can be a normal person and quit this "I'm the greatest guitar player in the whole universe and the rest is shit" posture and start being a most respectable artist.

I'm not saying that te guy suck... I even have some of his albuns and saw him live once, but I just like the songs, and he always pick really good singers... I just don't keep drolling on his "look-how-fast-I-can-sweep" solos...

But... my opinion is just a point of view, hehe.

ukstin said:
I personally don't like Malmsteen person... so I don't give a fuck about his thoughts about metal musicians...

idem. I think this guy is gay.
as we say here in france: il a une dégaine de pd.

He is doin crap and i think he stinks a little too much he can wash himself
fuck malmsteem hail laiho :saint:

:zombie:

Some ppl seem to be caught up on the part where he says he doesn't listen to music much. Why??? Same here! And the same with a bunch of ppl, I bet. It makes your music much more creative and "from the heart" (I hate that expression but it works good here), trust me on this. Hell, go listen to some songs (well, MIDIs... :yuk: ) on my site and you'll see that it is a unique style, and that no other band sounds like the stuff I make.

That's what I fuckin hate about a lot of bands... they talk about being 'true to metal' and 'keeping metal alive' and bullshit like that, when all they're doing is rehashing the same old shit that's been done a million times over and over. It's good to see that Yngwie, conceited asshole or not, seems to understand this.

you're actually right Stun. But as well you would'nt be stupid enough to pretend you're the best guitarist there is. Malmsteen do really think he's fuckin' hot. That's the différence between music "from the heart" and music "from the ass" as arrogant selfish people does.

Hmm, there was this split-DVD of Yngwie and Alexi which was released with a Japanese guitar magazine. So I guess that Yngwie heard of Alexi.

i just remembered one thing:

joey ramone stopped listening to radio and any other kind of music before starting composing for the Ramones :lol:

guess yngwie wouldn't be so pompous when saying that he doesn't listen to music anymore so he can do his own stuff if he knew this, huh? :p

and fuck, how can a musician be considered a musician if he doesn't love music?!
okay, yngwie is one of the most egocentrical players EVER, maybe THE MOST, but fuck... i wouldn't like to be like him :p

Boring solos+stupid attitude+no music :p

Needled24Seven said:
actaully i wouldn't waste my time, but here it goes. you think people understand, meaning welly haha that kid hasnt said anything intelligent ever infact he cant even spell willy. ever single "musician" listens to music if you want it to sound unique listen to a variety of music. but who knows maybe its true since all his shit sounds the same. oh, and there isnt a musician alive who doesnt have influences. i know he used to listen to music, where do you think he got his style you think he made it up lmao. got it kid.

I complitely agree w/ ya but you're quite rude with the guy..:lol: :yow:

Why don't you take a listen and see for yourself! I can't speak for Malmsteen but everybody tells me my music is unique. No shit I have influences but I make up whatever sounds good to me - and ya know what? Right outta the blue. And it's MY style, which I made up. Go ahead, just listen. I've only used someone else's riff once, in an incomplete song that isn't on the net... and it's from the game Chrono Trigger, modified for guitar, so I don't think anyone will care.

<sigh> I was afraid some dumbass would bring this up... hopefully you understand now. It's really quite simple. You are just arguing semantics and it's pointless and foolish. Too bad you don't realize that. My point is that there are many bands that create fresh combinations of ideas (good example: the Black League)... but most rehash the same thing over and over (good example: Slayer).

PS. You say my music is the same as 3 million others? :err: My, my, you are an ignorant fuck... well, you could've might Yngwie's style... did you? Also, I think he put 'Welly' because of Willy's accent...

EDIT: Hehe, why thank you, Welly... it's good to see someone took the time to check and therefore (hopefully) understand. But you understood before anyway. :)

yeah stun i listen to couple of you song on your site.. For myself, I dont play music, if you Needled24Seven though i did(it's quite a shame to say it..) I personnaly don't give a fuck 'bout what you may think of me. You waste your time, i I called myself "Welly" it's because i wanted my account to be called "Welly"