Laiho's technique

ukstin

I Survived the Lake Bodom
Feb 6, 2002
Brazil
www.bodomnight.cjb.net
Hail people!!!

:confused:

Do anyone knows where and how alexi started to play guitar?? I was wondering how he learned to play guitar 'cause in my opinion he is the best nowadays. I do appreciate to know if he toke some classes or he learned by himself. And how old he started to play?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Answered by Kimberly
well, he's not home right now (cob is recording their new single), but I'll try to help you if my memory serves me correctly.....

He first started by playing violin when he was 8 or 9. He then moved on to guitar at 11 or 12. He did go to a music school in his teens and I believe he had some private lessons for awhile too. I've known him for 4½ years and in this time he's never had any lessons. In fact, he GIVES lessons when he has the time (don't even try it.......he has no time at the moment and already has 2 or 3 students ). anyway, he's developed his own style throughout the years as every musician should (including singers ). he plays every single day and if he ever misses 2-3 days in a row without playing guitar he freaks out .

I hope this info helped, but ya gotta remember this is stuff we learned about each other when we first met, so my memory might not be 100%.

It´s for northern Viking!!!:D :D

dude he does way more than just sweeps. his earlier stuff was way more malmsteen influenced with the more neo classical feel, and a lot of sweeps, but his newer stuff is getting more and more away from that, and more and more of his own style...i fucking love his newest solos for sinergy and on follow the reaper...it seems like his newer style is more along the lines of randy and zakk but with his own twist.

"...it seems like his newer style is more along the lines of randy and zakk but with his own twist."

hmm... I find it to be more Gilbert-influenced. I think Gilbert has been a huge influence to him.

I dunno jack bout the history of these guys, or even their present (new to em), but if to write the stuff he writes, you need a good knowledge of theory. Makes it easier to create melodies and harmonies. I'm amazed at that guy's skills