question about playing silent night bodom night

so, to tune it i just press second fret on e and when i tune it it will be d? so it just goes a thingy lower when you do it on the second string? well if i wanted to tune it to a sharp how do i do that? dammit, i need a better tuner. :yell:

if you want to tune it down a whole step...
e->D
B->A
G->F
D->C
A->G
E->E

just hold the 2nd fret of each string and tune it to E B G D A E..and it'll be the notes as above

to get it tuned down 1/2 step...hold down the 1 fret of every string...and tune it to E B G D A E..and it'll be as below

E->D#
B->A#
G->F#
D->C#
A->G#
E->D#

cool, thanks, that will help a lot. and just a quick question, what kind of guitar is a good guitar for playing metal? i know it might be a little off topic but i dont want to start a new thread. so im thinking of buying a new guitar, but i dont have much money, aoubt 200 - 300 so what is a good guitar for playing metal? thanks

anything jackson!!!

but it doesnt really matter, it depends on which body shape is best for you. but if i'd buy a guitar it'd be a jackson(cause i'll only buy a jackson, no matter what) and if you wonder why, cause i'm just pro-jackson

then what effects you use gives you the "metal" sound, not the guitar.

i would say any guitar with humbuckers and more then 22 frets, and posibly a trem, i dont go by what brands people like, you should find one that you like, also go for a guitar made out of either alder or mahogany, they both give a warm, deep tone sutable for metal.

i got a late 1980's Charvel Fusion Custom for $250 with the case. Its got a Schaller floyd (which are almost just as good, if not AS good as the real thing) Seymour duncan pickups (H-s-s) 24 frets, killer paintjob with matching headstock. These guitars dont hold a high market value but to me they are worth much more than they cost.

you can easily find an old 80's, early 90's Charvel for 200-300 bucks. Maybe even lucky enough to find a neck thru one at that price