Silent Night, Bodom Night cover

MasqueReaper

Paradise Lost...OH SHIT!!
Apr 25, 2004
Roslyn, NY
Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzT8LJlQsFE

This is a cover of Silent Night, Bodom Night by Mutiny. The show was in a barn up in the mountains in New Jersey, it was bellow freezing, but they still managed to rock the place. There is a camera glitch in the beginning for a split second, but it is good quality otherwise.

Let me know what you think!! If you like them, check out their Myspace, it has other live videos that show how rock they are, along with some demos.

www.myspace.com/mutinynj

I think the bass player has an account on this forum. He was posting asking for a drummer and then made another thread saying he found one and provied videos. Imo, the drummer and keyboardistare amazing but I don't see anything special about the guitarists.

I think the bass player has an account on this forum. He was posting asking for a drummer and then made another thread saying he found one and provied videos. Imo, the drummer and keyboardistare amazing but I don't see anything special about the guitarists.

Well then please do me a favor and post a video of yourself shredding as hard as these guys can. I mean, not to be a dick, but for a bunch of kids, these guys are better than like 80% of what is out there, no?

solo battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlX1gkLQz1E

Well then please do me a favor and post a video of yourself shredding as hard as these guys can. I mean, not to be a dick, but for a bunch of kids, these guys are better than like 80% of what is out there, no?

solo battle:

Oh, so in order to find someone impressive I have to be better than them?

I'll post an audio recording of a solo if that'll please you but I have no videos.

Oh, so in order to find someone impressive I have to be better than them?

I'll post an audio recording of a solo if that'll please you but I have no videos.

No you don't have to be better than them, but if you are not impressed by a 16 year old who can shred guitar like that, I wonder what kind of music does impress you.

R.A.C.E.R. X

Just because he can "shred", doesn't mean it's impressive. Judging by that clip, I don't like his bending, vibrato or overall tone and that's much more important than how fast you can play.

Fine, then go to their myspace (www.myspace.com/mutinynj) and listen to the song that comes up automatically. If you don't think it is rock at all, then I will have nothing else to say. If you scroll down, there is a live video of it, just to prove that they can back it up.

In the end, I am just trying to push my friends' band and since Bodom is a main influence, I figured this would be a good place to do it.

That's perfectly fine and I understand. I'm not saying they're not good at their instruments at all, bcause they are. But after listening to Racer X for 3 years, it takes A LOT to impress me and 99% of "shredders" just sound bad to my ears.

I' didn't like the videos, but the soundfiles on myspace are cool. I like the tone of the lead guitars in that studioversions. Imo the chops are great, but the vibrato needs work.

That's perfectly fine and I understand. I'm not saying they're not good at their instruments at all, bcause they are. But after listening to Racer X for 3 years, it takes A LOT to impress me and 99% of "shredders" just sound bad to my ears.

Its funny you say that, I am 100% with you. My friends and I started listening to bands like Sinergy, Symphony X, Cacophony, and Racer X, and since then everything falls short. This is exactly why we were dissappointed with AYDY, we were expecting far more then what we ended up getting. This is why my friends in Mutiny work on their instruments for so many hours a day, they want to be able to play music like that, set the bar on the highest level. It is too bad that most metal these days does not even touch this older music.

www.myspace.com/mutinynj

solo battle:

I can find hundreds of videos of people younger then them who are way better players then them. The 80% figure must be a joke. Half of my friends are better then those guys. The solo battle is really bad. It's just random sweeps and shredding with no sense of what they are doing, and a lack of emotion. Too many guitarists play like that I find. They think that because they can sweep, they can do anything... but it's much harder then that.

I pretty much agree with everything Warheart had said. The phrasing and tone and stuff just isn't good. They can sweep relatively clean, but can they put it to a good use rather then just to show off and not make sense?

I love that everybody always "has a friend that is way better than xxxx" it cracks me up. I didn't post the cover ot the solos as an ironclad example of how perfect these kids are, they are working hard to learn more about music every day, and they are working harder than any of "your friends" (unless thay practice 7-8 hours a day EVERY DAY). So I will never understand why it makes 30 year olds feel good to shit on kids half their age rather than encourage them.

Meanwhile, Mutiny is the #8 unsigned Black Metal band on all of Myspace, so they must be doing something right in somebody's eyes...

I didn't post the cover ot the solos as an ironclad example of how perfect these kids are

No but you kept being all "OMG THEY ARE BETTER THEN 80% OF GUITARISTS OUT THERE AT THAT AGE" & Constantly making fanboy posts about them, which is why people are disagreeing with you and making this discussion.

, they are working hard to learn more about music every day, and they are working harder than any of "your friends" (unless thay practice 7-8 hours a day EVERY DAY).
And how do you know how long our friends play a day? Or how good they are? Some of my friends practise that much a day and more. I used to play 8-9 hours a day for like 2 years but don't play that much anymore as I have more important things to do now.

So I will never understand why it makes 30 year olds feel good to shit on kids half their age rather than encourage them.
I'm 19. I never shit on them. I replied to your opinion stating that it was invalid. They aren't bad musicians, but you act like they are the best in the world. Please remove your lips from their penises and/or ballsack.