Lamb of God

Hatebreed

Eternal Cosmic Slaughter
Mar 3, 2004
New Hampshire, U.S.
Anyone into this band?. They are very heavy, and blend Death/Black/Thrash metal so well. Self proclaimed "Pure American Metal" they are currently at the top of the American metal scene. Their vocalist is insane.

I really like them, but I always thought of them as just hardcore myself, didn't see too much death or black influence in them.

Raumien said:
I really like them, but I always thought of them as just hardcore myself, didn't see too much death or black influence in them.
I think they are defenetly a few steps up from hardcore. Their guitar complexity and drum complexity seperate them in my opinion. They use breakdowns like hardcore but thats the only similarity I can see. I think LOG are one of the best new bands around.

I hate lamb of god, besides having pure shit for music, they bring politics into their music. my political views greatly differ from them, but thats not the problem (everyone has their own views), my problem with them is they turn their views into warped slander. Politics and music are never a good combo. Either way tho, their music is crap. Shadows Fall and Beyond The Embrace both dominate lamb hands down.

i dig it, alot. best popular US band right now. they actually deserve their popularity. they are obvious slayer worship though

and a side note, i also hate politics in bands, or any sort of message, but if you discredit bands for their lyrics you can miss out on amazing music. i know you (5th season) said you dont like the music as well, im just making a point. i agree with you, but ive learned to just ignore it. and its not like you can understand what most vocalist are saying anyways.

but for curiosity's sake, what side do they take? left or right?
~gR~

lamb of god is like far left, so far left they are almost off the charts. I always try to keep politics aside from everything else, especially music, and this is a music forum. I wont go to deep into their messages, but the title of their album... "as the palaces burn" - its a referance to the world trade center. Most (if not all) of the lyrics attack our country, and anyone who supports our nations policies. They also pretty much say that president bush was behind the attacks on 9/11 - and weather or not u agree with bush, or hate him, to say that he planned the attacks is just totally insane, and morally wrong. When I bought that album I was reading the lyric book and noticed all kinds of shit like that - i took the cd, put it back in the case, deleted the mp3s I had just ripped, and gave the CD away on my radio show to a random listener.

Anyway, like i said... i dont want to be the one to start a political debate in here, but I had to answer Roach's question. Lets just stick to the music.

I got their new cd. I heard some really good stuff about, but when I bought it I didn't like it that much. But now it have growed on me. Pretty nice stuff.

5thSeason said:
I hate lamb of god, besides having pure shit for music, they bring politics into their music. my political views greatly differ from them, but thats not the problem (everyone has their own views), my problem with them is they turn their views into warped slander. Politics and music are never a good combo. Either way tho, their music is crap. Shadows Fall and Beyond The Embrace both dominate lamb hands down.

Shadows Fall are complete and utter fucking toss "lets see how much we can wank to power metal" crap that's passed off as metalcore.

Lamb Of God fucking own Shadows Fall without even putting up a fight.

Compare 'Black Label' to 'Destroyer Of Senses'.

enough said.

.....and Beyond the Embrace are a gothenburgh styled melodic death band. Apart from coming from the same area, they don't have anything to do with the post-thrash/metalcore scene. In a word, irrelevant.