Lamb of God

I downloaded their 2 albums, listened to them a couple times...it didn't do anything for me so I deleted it. They are not shit but nothing to special according to me. :)

Lamb of God is definately less "core" than "metal", strong riffs, some really impressive drums. Though his vocals aren't especially brutal or unique, the singer is one of the best frontmen I've ever seen... the way he controls a crowd is a stunning experience.

And B.T.W., the politics of Lamb Of God are definately not Leftist, they are without a doubt 3-P'ers, Third Positionists, just like myself and most every other intelligent person I know.

I always thought they sucked. I listened to the entire New American Gospel album hoping to try and like it; it was böring. I can't, even slightly stand their new album.

I'm also aware of their earlier albums, and I hated them too because I dislike 'hardcore'.

Somberlain said:
'Hardcore' is disgusting. Lamb Of God is down with the worst of them.
Dude, learn something aboyut genres before you talk shit about them. Although LoG have some hardcore influences they are not a hardcore band. It'd be like calling Borknagar a pure black metal band...

Hence calling it 'hardcore' and not hardcore. It's obvious they're not strictly hardcore, otherwise they'd be a whole lot shittier.

They're not hardcore, hardcore is punk rock, with screaming vocals. Thrice, is a hardore band. Lamb of God is a metal band. Plain and fucking simple.

Blood for Blood is hardcore btw and good at that. These guys are not. Damn every good band that uses rhythm or has a breakdown gets disowned by metalheads. THe hardcoore people disown these people for image reasons it seems. Most metalcore is far more metal than hardcore. Go back and listen to your Static Wind cd's. Cause thats what some of that shit sounds like without any rests and a bad production.

Not hardcore
Not metalcore
Please try again.

As for there music, pretty good, not great, there last album was down right aweful because of the production, still worth a listen but the first album was better. What I do hate is when they are depicted as Slayer wanna-be's/copycats. Truely annoying.

I hope you all know that they were originally a hardcore band when they were called "Burn The Priest". They are metalcore because they have those hardcore vocals and breakdowns. Their new album "As The Palaces Burn" is pretty good and it generated a lot of hype but their first album "New American Gospel" is infinitely better.

MURAI said:
I hope you all know that they were originally a hardcore band when they were called "Burn The Priest". They are metalcore because they have those hardcore vocals and breakdowns. Their new album "As The Palaces Burn" is pretty good and it generated a lot of hype but their first album "New American Gospel" is infinitely better.
I have the Burn The Priest cd and it sound very similar to New Amercian Gospel, except the production is actually thinner, and they aren't hardcore on that cd they are more metalcore. Now, after ATPB, I would say they are just metal.....like pantera is just metal....

BTW their singer posted on their message board that the new cd will be out sometime this year.....they have already writen all 7 songs and apparently they are much more complex and technical and sound different from anything they have done so far.......

They are very heavy, and blend Death/Black/Thrash metal so well. Self proclaimed "Pure American Metal" they are currently at the top of the American metal scene. Their vocalist is insane.

Haha. No.