Lamb of God

SMP840

Im Thirsty
May 2, 2005
Chicago
So whats up oldschoolers....since i hear a lot of shit being talked about the new types of metal on here, just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the new LOG album. Personally, i think it kicks some major ass. I like the slight differance in the vocals, and the drums will always remind me of Pantera.......I cant get that shit out of my cd player:headbang:

To be honest I haven't really heard any of their stuff but catching em live with KSE in October.

Lamb Of God is my 4th favorite freakin band. I think their new album is their 2nd best thus far. It beats Ashes Of The Wake and New American Gospel. Absolutely love their song Walk With Me In Hell. That would be my favorite off the album. Beats their other single Redneck.

i am pretty happy to be able to see Lamb of God and Megadeth in the same night......those are my reasons for gigantour this year.

I'm old Skool (actually I'm just old). And must admit to never really digging this "Cookie Monster" Vocals thingy. Give Me Dickinson, Bush, Dio and the such.
That all being said........LAMB OF GOD rock my Lame Ass!!!
The new Disk is fuckin Brutal, I love it!!
Ok, that is all...............PEACE.

out,
t

tommyv said:
I'm old Skool (actually I'm just old). And must admit to never really digging this "Cookie Monster" Vocals thingy. Give Me Dickinson, Bush, Dio and the such.
That all being said........LAMB OF GOD rock my Lame Ass!!!
The new Disk is fuckin Brutal, I love it!!
Ok, that is all...............PEACE.

out,
t

I a listening to them right now, and so far I am kinda unimpressed. They're not really distinguishing themselves from stuff I heard in the late 80's and early 90's.

I am watching a video right now, and am seeing them play Jacksons. That means it won't be long before ESP comes along and pays them to play some crappy knock-off. If I see one more ESP knock-off les Paul, I am gonna throw shit.

The album kicks some serious ass I myself dont have a problem with redneck i find it kinda catchy but everyone is right all the songs are better. Walk with me in Hell is great. Everyone who is gonna see them live have some fun they are amazing live i saw them in toronto with slayer bodom thine eyes and mastodon and they kicked some serious ass

I saw them live before. They do sound good live I agree.

On their My Space profile they said on there they called themselves a "thrash metal" band. I don't see how they are thrash metal but oooook. Not really any solos that I notice.

Blue_Jay said:
I saw them live before. They do sound good live I agree.

On their My Space profile they said on there they called themselves a "thrash metal" band. I don't see how they are thrash metal but oooook. Not really any solos that I notice.

Other than cookie monster on vocals, their music is basically thrash.

Just bought the new record this morning, so far sounds good!

Anyone read the vocalist's interesting thank you notes in the booklet. Is this guy a dick or did I take him the wrong way??!!!

timmyc said:
Just bought the new record this morning, so far sounds good!

Anyone read the vocalist's interesting thank you notes in the booklet. Is this guy a dick or did I take him the wrong way??!!!

He can be a real dick, from what I saw in the DVD "Killadelphia". He actually got into a fistfight with, I think, the guitarist, and got knocked out. (Props to the band, though, for showing that not everything in the life of a band is strawberries and cream.)

IMHO, that DVD is worth every penny.

They're alright, as far as new type metal though I prefer Killswitch Engage, I like the vocal style, great singing as well as screaming. I have to have singing, someone posted earlier about every band on Uranium sounding the same. I agree, I have it on my DVR and I usually end up fast-forwarding through most of it. Non-stop screaming, I need melody. The guy from Killswitch wails great melody, I like that. At the same time I haven't listened much to LOG so I can't judge.

SMP840 said:
So whats up oldschoolers....since i hear a lot of shit being talked about the new types of metal on here, just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the new LOG album. Personally, i think it kicks some major ass. I like the slight differance in the vocals, and the drums will always remind me of Pantera.......I cant get that shit out of my cd player:headbang:

Haven't heard it but I'm sure it's good!

So them open for Anthrax on the WCFYA tour, and their drummer blew my fuckin mind! Musically they were incredible also, I'd like to hear that shit!

AugDawg

Sacrament is a great record. Gets better with every listen. :headbang:

I also watched the DVD of the 'making of' last night which is great. Anthrax would be well advised to do something similar, it certainly would help with record sales I would've thought.

They're alright, as far as new type metal though I prefer Killswitch Engage, I like the vocal style, great singing as well as screaming. I have to have singing, someone posted earlier about every band on Uranium sounding the same. I agree, I have it on my DVR and I usually end up fast-forwarding through most of it. Non-stop screaming, I need melody. The guy from Killswitch wails great melody, I like that. At the same time I haven't listened much to LOG so I can't judge.

I cannot stand Killswitch Engage. How the hell can they be better than Lamb Of God. His voice isn't melodic at all. Lamb Of God has no singing fyi. Just straight up your ass growling. The instrumentation is very heavy and smart. That makes this band much better than Killswitch Engage.

Blue_Jay said:
I cannot stand Killswitch Engage. How the hell can they be better than Lamb Of God. His voice isn't melodic at all. Lamb Of God has no singing fyi. Just straight up your ass growling. The instrumentation is very heavy and smart. That makes this band much better than Killswitch Engage.

C'mon man, at least say it's just your opinion. In MY opinion Killswitch Engage is better than LOG. I do like the new LOG, but I just prefer KE. You like LOG better. That's cool, it's what makes the world go round.