Lamented Souls

Dec 29, 2006
Pennsylvania.
While dicking around on MA looking at Black Metal stuff, I ended up on Lamented Souls' page (seeing as Vortex is apparently in like 80 different bands). Now they've definitely been recommended to me before, and of course I'm always looking for more good doom, so I decided to listen to some of their work. I was pretty impressed.

Ok, this is some pretty good stuff... but no full length album? What gives? According to the wikipedia entry on Vortex, there seems to one (or at least a release of some kind) in the works. Does anyone know what's happening with these guys? I'd definitely like to hear more from them.

Vortex says they have songs written for an album, but too many commitments with other bands are taking precedent (such as Dimmu Borgir).

But I strongly recommend you pick up The Origins of Misery.

But I strongly recommend you pick up The Origins of Misery.
I have this CD.
Lamented Souls are really awesome. There are some songs by them that bring you depression, and some that make you feel better. It's really emotive stuff.

interview where vortex talks about lamented souls:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...so-many-bands-so-little-time.html#post7740784
Good question. The Lamented Souls thing which I hope we’re going to be able to do something about that soon. There’s an album that we haven’t recorded yet. It’s been ready; it’s just been laying on the shelf for years and years and years. But we never get together, and it’s really sad because everyone in the band loves Lamented Souls and we’re really good friends. But we’ve been kind of spread around a little bit too, around Norway and shit. I don’t think we feel the pressure on that one. That’s just one of the things that’s going to be really cool to do, and enjoy releasing it. That’s probably going to be it for Lamented Souls. There’s going to be one new album, I don’t want to rush it or anything because I just want it to be as sweet as possible. The more contacts I get now through Dimmu and producers and stuff like that it’s going to be easier to release an album like that and I want it to sound as good as possible. So we’ll see. Another 5 years maybe, I have no idea. I hope not, but we’ll see what happens
~gR~