Larry's cover band?

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
I'm sitting here in my office listening to Blackfoot's "Strikes" and reminiscing about how good this stuff was. I remember Larry posting about being a Blackfoot / southern rock fan, and also about being in a cover band. So, I put two and two together and came up with a few questions for Larry :)

Does your cover band do any Blackfoot, Outlaws, Molly Hatchett types of songs? (Like that half-hour Outlaws' live version of Green Grass and High Tides? Heh. )

What's the name of the cover band?

How often and where do you get to play?

Just curious...

Ken

Generally I try to keep the two bands very separate which is why I don't really post about it on here. I do that for several reasons. For one, the cover band I look at being like my day job really. ND is my passion. Playing covers is....well, it's a job. That's not to say I don't have fun with it at times. Secondly I rather not use the ND forum to promote non-ND stuff. Plus anyhow you'll have some idiots who'll read it here and start screaming about how un-metal it is or whatever, haha....

If you want more info on the cover band feel free to send me a PM and I'll forward you some info on it.

To answer the one question though, we don't really do southern rock in the band. I wouldn't mind it, but there's so many bands covering that in this area already anyhow. And there's not many who can pull off that Danny Joe Brown vocal style really well anyhow ;-)

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
If you want more info on the cover band feel free to send me a PM and I'll forward you some info on it.

Done!

And there's not many who can pull off that Danny Joe Brown vocal style really well anyhow ;-)

That reminds me I should see if I still have that old Danny Joe Brown solo album from way back when. I know I still have a "Freddy Salem and the Wildcats" album, which I liked just as much as most of the Outlaws albums; it was much heavier. I think Freddie really wanted to do metal :)

Ken

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Generally I try to keep the two bands very separate which is why I don't really post about it on here. I do that for several reasons. For one, the cover band I look at being like my day job really. ND is my passion. Playing covers is....well, it's a job. That's not to say I don't have fun with it at times. Secondly I rather not use the ND forum to promote non-ND stuff. Plus anyhow you'll have some idiots who'll read it here and start screaming about how un-metal it is or whatever, haha....

Those guys tend to get annoying. Im pretty openminded:Smug: