Lars speaks.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Lars Ulrich: "I would say that Bob Rock will always be our producer. You know it's almost like default. It's not whether he should produce, it's more whether he shouldn't produce it. So I would expect Bob Rock to produce it unless he's not interested."

And frankly I couldn't expected anymore from him at this stage. Well at least they do know what they expect from their life.

Me? I stick to "Ride The Lightning" even if Bob Rock didn't produce it :heh:

Yeah, that pretty much says it all. I'm with you, Wyv, I'll stick to the first three albums. Plenty of great thrash there and I get my Metallica fix. Not interested in their future.

I saw a homemade bumper sticker the other day. It read: LARS ATE MY BALLS. I had to chuckle. I wanted one for my truck.

NP: Masterplan - Aeronautics

I'll stick with the 2nd and 3rd records myself...
These guys are like women aren't they? Like two ugly chicks that are fighting over a guy that they both dated in high school and that both ultimately lost...
Let it go. I have to say that Larz did call it like he sawit(and many others), in regards to a ceratin leopard changing his colors after Dime's death...

I'm ok with AJFA and the Black album but the prime stuff is the first three. Bob Rock again? Cool! That means I don't have to set aside any cash for that disc. My wife will buy it. I'll give it a few spins and then give it back to her. Forever.

Wyvern said:
And frankly I couldn't expected anymore from him at this stage. Well at least they do know what they expect from their life.

bob rock RUINED Metallica... notice how bob rock is capitalized, not a mistake...lol

I read this article aswell. Thought is was aweful. One of the things that rally got me going is the part were Lars says there is no good metal being made and points to Avenged sevenfold and System of a Down as the future of metal. Poor Lars, so ignorant.
Oh, and the part were he talks about St. Anger being a great peice of art or whatever...He really needs to pull his head out of his ass and relize nobody besides himself and the band liked that album.

Evil? said:
to Avenged sevenfold and System of a Down as the future of metal. Poor Lars, so ignorant.

I didn't even want to mention that part brrrrrr it gaves me the creeps :ill: I wanted to emphasize the Bob Rock part because it looks like the previous producers were nothing to do with Metallica.

It's like Pantera denying the pre-"Cowboy From Hell" albums at this rate Popallica will make everybody believe that their debut was "Load".

like everyone else i'll stick to the first 3 albums... Flemming as far as im concerned was the true Metallica producer... i know i asked this before but does anyone have any ideas what he is doing nowadays? is he still producing albums? ...

sixxswine said:
Why all the blame on Rock? I think Metallica were ready for airplay after AJFA... It didn't matter "who" produced them, Rock was at the right place at the right time(for him).

You are right about that. If Metallica hadn't wanted to head in that direction then it wouldn't have mattered what Rock did. I guess it's easier to blame the "new" guy rather than the band you really liked before he showed up. My hang up with him is that he was fairly instrumental in changing Het's vocal style.

sixxswine said:
It also does not help that Metallica are calling him the fifth member of the band!

so then Rock is to blame.... :yuk: Would the Black album and beyond sound the way they did if Flemming was the producer... ?? :erk:

Rock has produced the best albums of metallicas in regards to the production - Black album has kick ass sound but has poor songs. I say get Rick Rubin!!!

Rick Rubin wouldnt be a bad choice.. but come on.. if everyone loved Ride the Lightning and MOP shouldnt it be Flemming Rasmussen? (did i spell it right?) .... and no one has still answered my question about Flemming.. meanies.. :yuk:

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Rick Rubin wouldnt be a bad choice.. but come on.. if everyone loved Ride the Lightning and MOP shouldnt it be Flemming Rasmussen? (did i spell it right?) ....
After Justice? That is my fave Metallica album, but the production is horrible!

Evil? said:
I read this article aswell. Thought is was aweful. One of the things that rally got me going is the part were Lars says there is no good metal being made and points to Avenged sevenfold and System of a Down as the future of metal. Poor Lars, so ignorant.

What an ignorant twat. Get a clue before you open your mouth.

Evil? said:
Oh, and the part were he talks about St. Anger being a great peice of art or whatever...He really needs to pull his head out of his ass and relize nobody besides himself and the band liked that album.

Completely agree. Nice drum sound Lars, you dickhead.

Wyvern said:

ride the lighting is one of the best METAL albums ever:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: