lasercd.com

billhuffiv

Junior Member In Training
Feb 6, 2004
Albuquerque/Virginia Beach
I made my first order with lasercd.com today (including the Wounded/Time Lost CD.) The prices were great. :D Thanks for hooking me up with that website. I found some CD's that I couldn't find anywhere else. This is me waving bye-bye to amazon.com: :wave: (Although I won't promise that, I will always check lasercd.com first!)

Yup, my fave is the End--so cheap and fast and free s/h. But, the coolest vendor ever is this place in Oakland with live music :dopey: , with really nice folks selling cds and stuff...only happens about ONCE in a lifetime, SO FAR!!:headbang:

So guys, will any of the iMusicast gig stuff be sold at the Oasis?? :D

Kristin
Via dragon <---still trying to untangle scales from spaghetti straps...:loco:

Not sure WHAT will be sold, but there will be an update to the merchandise section in the near future. It would make sense to sell the DVD there as well, wouldn't it ?

-W

klondorwarrior said:
Kristin, what shop in Berkeley? Amoeba? Rasputins? Share the wealth! :p
Oops, sorry bout that, Klondor...I was making an obtuse reference to the gig at iMusicast...:cool:

Hey, if there was a place like that in Berkeley, that actually had Enchant stuff in stock, I'd be flat broke all the time! I did buy an Enchant cd once at Rasputins--they actually had the taggie-thingie with 'Enchant' on it--I bought the last cd and wanted the taggie too, but figured it was karmically unhealthy... I usually order from Axis in Alameda, which is tiny, but often has cool used (and some new) cds. I was a tad offended when the guy behind the counter said "Who?" when I said Enchant, so he got a rather lengthy who-what-when-where and how much from me on the subject of Enchant. Axis had the Porcupine Tree, Opeth and Fates Warning that I was looking for, and they have used albums, too. I may complete my 3 Dog Night collection one day:loco:

Kristin
via dragon...<--big fan of the Tubes

Thanks for the advice. I'll check out theend too. I order way too much music off of websites. I guess it's better than a drug habit or something. o_O I could be a very good customer to all of these websites. BTW, I have seen a couple of music stores out east that have Enchant dividers but have not found anyone who has heard of them. But then I don't even find too many people who have heard of Dream Theater. :hotjump: I guess that's what makes us all special... ;)

Kristin
via dragon...<--big fan of the Tubes

Hey Kristin!

It's nice to know there's another local Enchant fan here who's a fan of another great Bay Area band! I've been into the Tubes for YEARS, and actually did some work with them back in the 80's. I've got a huge photo album of shots of me with Fee, Prairie and all of the guys. They were such a great band. I haven't seen them live in years...

Thanks for bringing up some good memories for me! :)

SQUONK2 said:
Hey Kristin!

It's nice to know there's another local Enchant fan here who's a fan of another great Bay Area band! I've been into the Tubes for YEARS, and actually did some work with them back in the 80's. I've got a huge photo album of shots of me with Fee, Prairie and all of the guys. They were such a great band. I haven't seen them live in years...

Thanks for bringing up some good memories for me! :)
My pleasure!! That's very cool that you worked with them! I saw them over 25 years ago--I have a rather 'progressive' (in another way!) aunt who took us to see lots of interesting live music--including the Tubes and the original Hair. I still vividly remember Quay Lude (sp??) stomping around the stage in the original show. This time around (last month!) Fee captured the aged 80's rock god thing perfectly--Quay was teetering around the stage on his platforms, dissolutely watching the band, then the crowd, and still singing in perfect voice. It was a great show!

Kristin
via dragon <--never had a mullet:loco:

Kristin...

The Tubes line-up has changed considerably over the years, but Fee is still around. I haven't seen them live since the mid 90's, but they've always put on a great show. Fee as Quay Lewd singing "Stand Up & Shout" and "WPOD" are classics, but they had so many good albums: "Remote Control", produced by Todd Rundgren, "Completion Backward Principle" and heck... ALL of 'em!!!

I've been meaning to see them live again, and I almost went to that recent show at the Great American Music Hall, what, last month, I think...

Anyway, something always seems to get in the way...

Thanks for taking me down memory lane! I need to drag out my Tubes ALBUMS!!! :headbang: