Last Album You Listened to in Full?

hqdefault.jpg

Finally listened to this, two years late. It's not half bad, but it still manages to be the worst Mastodon album.

Annihilator-Feast.png

Awesome in places, awful in others. Its a bit worse than the self-titled. I miss old Annihilator...

Ataraxie13.jpg

Funeral doom might not be my favorite sub-genre but this album is probably the best funeral doom record I've ever heard aside from maybe Monolithe III.

974fbe5b74f9e2b054b9ad4adecb9258_full.jpg

This album is just fucking awesome.

Ataraxie13.jpg

Funeral doom might not be my favorite sub-genre but this album is probably the best funeral doom record I've ever heard aside from maybe Monolithe III.

I'll have to check this out, I remember picking up Slow Transcending Agony years ago and loving it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not a big fan of that light, jiggy folk metal (like Korpiklaani etc.)

Something I make a point of is occasionally listening to bands "I'm not keen on" in my head, just to make sure I'm not actually missing something I like... and it's rare but rewarding when I end up stood corrected afterwards.

The latest album is actually really good. I just thoroughly enjoyed it (even if it is still a little too happy for me at times! :lol:)

korpiklaani-manala.jpg

Annihilator+Feast+(2013)+metalharem.jpg

Gave this a second listen today after buying in on Tuesday. There are a couple of ok songs but overall it is weak. More pop and alternative metal than Megadeth's new album. :lol:

ghost-infestissumam.jpg

Enjoyed this album as much as the original, really. The only songs I didn't like were Ghuleh and Idolatrine. The rest seem like they could fit just as well in Opus.