Last CD you bought

Just recieved the following ones:

Opeth - Deliverance
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Opeth - Watershed
Deichkind - Aufstand im Schlaraffenland

I don't really like Therion but I love Secret of the Runes! And live they could play "Old McDonald had a farm" and they'd still be great! :D

You mean the remix version from 2002, or the reissue of the original, which was released last year? I know it's quite different from their newer releases, and even though it's my least favorite album, I really, really love it (both versions).

I just got Crowhead - Love Letter (demo cd 2000)

Cult of Luna - Eternal Kingdom

The limited digipak version. I love this band.

You mean the remix version from 2002, or the reissue of the original, which was released last year? I know it's quite different from their newer releases, and even though it's my least favorite album, I really, really love it (both versions).

I just got Crowhead - Love Letter (demo cd 2000)

The reissue with the demo. It sucks.

Verdict on Tyr's Land?

Not so much for a first impression, but it grows on me with every time I hear it. Eric The Red is still my favourite, but there are a couple of songs on the new one that are really good as well; Brennivín (booze) and Lokka Táttur (the ballad of loki) are my favourites as of yet. The melody of Lokka Táttur is actually the same as an old Swedish nursery rhyme. :headbang:
The new version of Hail To The Hammer is ok, but I think the end is a bit weird...

The DVD part is great, nicely filmed and has a good sound quality. Haven't been able to locate myself in the crowd yet, though. Dissapointing.... :lol:

Not so much for a first impression, but it grows on me with every time I hear it. Eric The Red is still my favourite, but there are a couple of songs on the new one that are really good as well; Brennivín (booze) and Lokka Táttur (the ballad of loki) are my favourites as of yet. The melody of Lokka Táttur is actually the same as an old Swedish nursery rhyme. :headbang:
The new version of Hail To The Hammer is ok, but I think the end is a bit weird...

The DVD part is great, nicely filmed and has a good sound quality. Haven't been able to locate myself in the crowd yet, though. Dissapointing.... :lol:

Jesus Christ, ANOTHER version of Hail to the Hammer? They ALREADY re-did it (with God of War) on Eric the Red, but not again! Regarding Tyr, I used to be one of the "yawn, this is boring folk metal, where's the double-bass and battle cries?" Then I kinda got over that phase, and now really dig them. I think I'll pick up Land next week.

Týr's only good songs are the ones that are either in Danish or in Faroese. The reast are boring as fuck. Ramund hin Unge and Regin Smidur (can't be arsed to find the d-thingy) are both great though.

Jesus Christ, ANOTHER version of Hail to the Hammer? They ALREADY re-did it (with God of War) on Eric the Red, but not again! Regarding Tyr, I used to be one of the "yawn, this is boring folk metal, where's the double-bass and battle cries?" Then I kinda got over that phase, and now really dig them. I think I'll pick up Land next week.

No, I don't think they re-recorded them for Eric. I think they only took the original versions and added as bonus tracks. This one is completely remade.

Rivfadir:
Ramund And Regin are big favorites of mine as well, along with Olavur Riddaros, but I do like their English songs as well. Especially the ones where they mix English with Faroes. I think you'd like Brennivin though, great song.