Last Fair Day Gone Night Tour 2011

My goodness, how did I miss that :(
As Scarlet asked, is this a VIP-only item? I seriously hope not.

This is what it says on the website:

"By buying a VIP ticket you will automatically enter into a draw to win a grand prize! At the moment this prize contains: A Blackstar HT5 amp stack, a DrumCraft snare drum and a Guyatone SV-M5 guitar effect pedal. The lucky winner will be made known after the tour has ended on the band’s website. Remember that all VIP’s will also get a goodie bag upon arrival that contain:

1 VIP Laminate
1 Katatonia lanyard to hang your laminate on
1 Katatonia messenger bag
1 ‘Night Is The New Day’ 2LP tour edition

1 Tour Program on 20 years of Katatonia: a 32 (!) page glossy mag with personal liner notes by Anders, Jonas and Daniel and filled lots of unseen pics from the old Katatonia archives
1 Limited Edition Last Fair Day Gone Night VIP t-shirt (only VIP’s will get this shirt so it’s very limited)
1 Katatonia Tin Can with a set of special guitar picks especially made for VIP’s
A few little trinkets courtesy of the band´s equipment endorsers.
If you haven’t gotten your VIP ticket yet, you still have a chance for a few more days while they last. Also normal tickets are available, but act fast as we can not guarantee entries at the doors as the shows might be sold out."

I thought it said it was VIP-only, but here it doesn't explicitly state that.
The fact right now is that it was printed and given only to VIPs, but who knows they'll add it to the merchandize later on

Any insight on the 1985 cockroach and the jizz story in Viva?

Like I said, I haven't finished reading yet. But so far, there was nothing about that. So I would guess those stories are either top secret or not interesting enough.
And yes, the book was in the VIP- bag but it was also officially on sale for non- VIP's. Perhaps the last chance to get one would be to catch a flight to tomorrow's(?) show in Greece....

I wish that CiS and Swany would have 69'ed as a bonus for everyone at the VIP event.

Of course we did 69 there at some point! But apparently, you couldn't pay attention to that 'cause you were too busy seducing your Jonas.... :devil:

Ah, nuts. I should have known better than to try and indulge the homoerotic fantasies of my adolescence.

Hearing "Aren't you Lisra from the Kata forum" last year's March was one of my favorite moments of that year. :D
I can relate to that. And suddenly you realize... "Damn, I'm famous!" :D

I really didn't think much about anything that night. I didn't expect to meet anyone, I didn't think of the fact that wearing white to a Katatonia gig isn't the way to blend in...
White is your colour, boy, fits you well... and generally, nothing's wrong with some attention-whoring every now and then! ;P

I'll never forget how Swany came to me years ago in Wacken (I still don't really get how she managed to recognize me among the thousands of people there!) and said the same thing. For a second, I felt like a rockstar :headbang: And then we had a great time together and have been best katafriends ever since. *hugs*
Yeah!! *hugs back* :D After trying to remember the details for a while, I think I heard you mentioning that magic pseudonym that starts with B while we were in the queue for our ribbons. Combined with the pictures I had seen on the board there was no doubt anymore. However, if I remember correctly, that was in 2006 which is one year after Bloodbath performed there... *scratches head*

Who agrees that this Katabook is so damm cool?!!! Actually, I just thought I'd buy it 'cause it's a nice thing to own but I didn't expect THAT MUCH!! I'm only half way through yet.
I'm a bad fan. Somehow I managed to make it look all crinkled and worn out without even having finished reading :eek: Oops. And I can only agree, it's an amazing read, well written and thrilling. Right now I hate my University for keeping me too busy to thoroughly enjoy the rest of it.

°scarlet°;9805764 said:
i’m rather disappointed with the fact that a celebrative tour (i mean, it wasn’t just a regular set of gigs…) was organised in such a small area.
yes i’m aware it did cover a few countries, but the spots covered were really sooo close that it was almost like staying in a same country.
and yes i know people flew all the way from US/elsewhere to attend but some of us really have strict and unflexible schedules and couldn’t afford the trip.
i know it’s not the band’s fault but i really do think the places could have been ‘distributed’ better…

of course it’s nothing personal, i just needed an excuse to rant :cry:

i still don't understand why they didn't play in stockholm... it's their home town ffs ;O

Its not the first time theyve missed out Sweden though is it. I remember in an interview not too long ago that they said they were not all that popular in Sweden compared to other Euro countries.

Awesome! Maybe it was you and your friends that Carly and I ran into in the Red Light District the night before the show?

Man, shame on anyone that didn't come up and say hello if you recognized me! How often are you going to get to party with the most erotic member of this forum? [...]

OMG indeed, it's you and us. Although we didn't talk a single word in the... erm, you mean red light district? were we there? I dunno, I was pretty stoned that evening. A good tourist has to be, otherwise police is gonna take you outta inner city.
You talked with the one friend of mine who obviously was a katatonia fan, I for myself didn't see you at the show, sorry. But you had a good time as it seems, great!
And yeah what about the f*** uncensored version of the beach shot??

You do know you're talking about someone's wife here right?

CLP00024.png