Last night I stood up to the equivelant of the Mafia

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
Last night I went to a rough council estate to visit a friend and as we were there we went to someones house, where all the "lads of the estate" were. Those people are the yobs who run the estate. In North West England you have the equivelant of a little mafia who run certain council estates. They are always involved with drugs and if you say anything to them they will taunt you and look for any excuse to beat 10 tons of shit out of you.

However, last night I had no fear and when the yobs taunted me, I pwned them in every way possible which was making them extremely angry. One of them through a drink over my head. I was about to retaliate by throwing beer over his head but I was sternly stopped and warned that if I did that I'd get knocked out and wouldn't wake up for 3 days. I then said to the person who warned me "It's your garden, so if anything happens to me here then you'll be responsible" The yobs then departed and I said with a big grin on my face "see ya friends, nice meeting you, i'll hope to see you again some time", to which they ignored me but I pretended that I was following to get them angry and it worked to some degree because one of them turned round and quietly said to me "you better go away" to which I whispered "see you soon". When they'd gone a few people showed me how slow I was and how easy it would be for them to beat me up.

Discuss and please tell me what I can do in order to defend myself from people like that i.e fighting skills. Also I have sahowed that I am not a pussy by standing up to these people which is what we all should do and not let them pwn us or our estates.

Profanity said:
Last night I went to a rough council estate to visit a friend and as we were there we went to someones house, where all the "lads of the estate" were. Those people are the yobs who run the estate. In North West England you have the equivelant of a little mafia who run certain council estates. They are always involved with drugs and if you say anything to them they will taunt you and look for any excuse to beat 10 tons of shit out of you.

However, last night I had no fear and when the yobs taunted me, I pwned them in every way possible which was making them extremely angry. One of them through a drink over my head. I was about to retaliate by throwing beer over his head but I was sternly stopped and warned that if I did that I'd get knocked out and wouldn't wake up for 3 days. I then said to the person who warned me "It's your garden, so if anything happens to me here then you'll be responsible" The yobs then departed and I said with a big grin on my face "see ya friends, nice meeting you, i'll hope to see you again some time", to which they ignored me but I pretended that I was following to get them angry and it worked to some degree because one of them turned round and quietly said to me "you better go away" to which I whispered "see you soon". When they'd gone a few people showed me how slow I was and how easy it would be for them to beat me up.

Discuss and please tell me what I can do in order to defend myself from people like that i.e fighting skills. Also I have sahowed that I am not a pussy by standing up to these people which is what we all should do and not let them pwn us or our estates.

whocares2.jpg

Draznog said:
don't walk alone and drive a car everywhere and pissible carry a taser or cattle prod.

Walking alone through dangerous places is part of the fun and I aim to pwn these groups, not be a pussy and hide from them. The only problem with your weapon idea is that I lack co-ordination skills and I have a weak left arm, due to my head injury.

I don't know what the "Mafia" is like in the UK so I don't know what advice to give you. When I hear the word "mob" or "mafia", I think of a 'family' who specialize in organized crime. My great great grandfather was a 'Godfather' in the Italian Mafia.

There are four main Mafia groups you have to be careful for:

1. Italian Mafia: They are the most organized of the Mafias. They are ruthless but they're not all for beating people. They'll beat people to pump for information and 'whack' those who did them wrong and are of no asset. The Italian Mafia also will charge businesses in bad areas for protection. This is something that the other Mafias don't offer.

2. Russian Mafia: Not the most organized of the Mafias, they are the most ruthless. Not much to say about them other than don't fuck with them.

3. Japanese Mafia (Yakuza): More intelligent than the Russian Mafia, they are ruthless as well. They will kill for weapons and money.

4. Mexican Mafia: The Mexican Mafia, not a smart bunch of people. Though, they will kill. They don't use torture techniques but a 9MM bullet between your eyes will do the trick. These guys are mostly into drugs with cartels.

You also have the Chinese Triads which are a bunch of scary bastards too, but they're not on the top list.

In the U.S., there are gangs which I guess you could consider to be 'mini-mafias'. Gangs are all about weapons, drugs and guns. They are usually in battle with other gangs in an all out gang war. The Bloods and the Crips are the two most known rivaled gangs. There have been plenty of gang wars between these two. For example, Crip's color is blue when Blood's is red. So, red on blue crime. You could be walking down the street in all red and get shot by some Crips. You could also find a bullet in your ass if you flip the wrong gangsign to the wrong person.

You could look at someone in a gang the wrong way and before you know it, could have 15 members of that gang beating your ass.

Be careful. They don't sound that serious but if you hear anything about them plotting something, I would look into getting a firearm for protection. Though, I don't know what the gun laws in the U.K. are. Most likely, if you pull out a pistol in front of these guys, they'd back off. Mind your own business and watch your shit. After a while, it should blow over. There was a price on my friend's head for a while for some shit he didn't do but it blew over after a while of laying low and staying out of shit.