Last Seaon Purity.

SendForthYourLegions

New Metal Member
Dec 20, 2005
Alright. This might be long, but oh well. I got into Forest Stream some years back when Tears of Mortal Solitude had not yet been released in America. I believe this is correct, it has been a while. I stumbled across the band on the MetalBlade Euro site, and checked them out. I remember streaming Mel Kor, Winter Solstice and Last Season Purity. I liked it all, and this is not typically the kind of stuff I listen to. Last Season Purity moved me every time I listened to it. The song is truly epic. I put it on my archaic mp3 player, but sadly, a few years ago, the mp3 caught some virus from a song I had downloaded. I was unable to listen to any music on it, and thus forgot about a lot of the stuff on there. Flashfoward to present day. A week or so ago, I was playing guitar, and I started playing this riff that sounded familiar, and piecing together parts of a song whose name I could not recall. After much struggle, I at last rememberd Forest Stream, the russian metal band that had moved me years back. I downloaded some songs off Limewire, including "Last Season Purity", however, it was not the same. I think this must be a remastered version or something. If anyone has a link, or the file to where I could get the older version, that must have been off a demo or something, it would be much appreciated. The difference is not great, I just would like to hear the older version. Thanks.

Hm.. I`m in some doubt about what you said. If you downloaded the version from "tears of mortal solitude" album then you`re right - it`s remastered stuff. But, as i remember, LSP has not changed at all. Maybe it only sounds a little bit differently but musically it`s origial song. Probably you confused with new arrangement - we made some new keyboards` and bass parts in it.. Maybe, that`s the point?

To Trace of Blood:

I Bought Tears so long ago that Black Swans is now scratched to the point of being inaudible, so i downloaded it just to hear the complete song, does that make me a bad guy?

poortwistedme said:
To Trace of Blood:

I Bought Tears so long ago that Black Swans is now scratched to the point of being inaudible, so i downloaded it just to hear the complete song, does that make me a bad guy?

The person never once mentioned actually having bought the record.

C'mon guys:)) Buying or downloading hardly makes any difference... we don't get a penny for it anyway.
But we'll try to make a special thing in a near future... After we have a second CD I believe. I'd aim for a DVD or something with a lot of old stuff and a few videos too.

This is increadible tho... life is damn unpredictable...

I can play the first distorted guitar harmony part in Autumn Elegy, but I need a tab for the acoustic outro.... Sweet little tune. Anyone got tab?

I bought the record, but my stereo ATE IT! I want another but I don't want to buy it -again-..... :( I'm on a limited budget, buying a CD for me is like buying a stereo sound system as far as budget goes. :zipit:

Sonm said:
C'mon guys:)) Buying or downloading hardly makes any difference... we don't get a penny for it anyway.
But we'll try to make a special thing in a near future... After we have a second CD I believe. I'd aim for a DVD or something with a lot of old stuff and a few videos too.

This is increadible tho... life is damn unpredictable...

So record sales don't make a difference to you either?

2 Rainwound I hope it will possible to download the Autumn Elegy MIDI file from our site soon. So, if you open this in Cakewalk, guitar Pro (3.0 or higher), you`ll get it. I think that MIDI file much better than any tabs coz you both can hear what you play and see how it looks in staff. But there`s one thing that make me confused in MIDI. SOmetimes it`s really hard to fix the right application of guitar part you learn. Different strings and chords sound differently despite they have the same staff. I mean you can play one riff on the different position and it will sound ljust LIKE original one but not exactly right. So the right perfomance depends on how you heard the part you want to play. In this case tabs bring more correct information of the song.
If i knew what the program allows to write tabs easier than MIDI i would write them too. I`m not a lazy bastard but for me it`s hard and too boring to write tabs in Notepad :) Moreover, probability of getting correct result is lower.

I like guitar pro when there is a lot of stuff going on in the music that it's hard to distinguish timing/playing from just a simple tab, but for most stuff tabs do a great job if you've simply heard the song, very easy to figure out how to play it then.

But if you make some FS tabs available, I may have to come back to playing death metal for a split second to do a FS tribute for you guys!!

Omin said:
Hm.. I`m in some doubt about what you said. If you downloaded the version from "tears of mortal solitude" album then you`re right - it`s remastered stuff. But, as i remember, LSP has not changed at all. Maybe it only sounds a little bit differently but musically it`s origial song. Probably you confused with new arrangement - we made some new keyboards` and bass parts in it.. Maybe, that`s the point?

Right, the music is exactly the same. I recognize this. But I know there's some difference. This story isn't a lie. There's no reason to doubt it, because I would have no reason to lie about it. That's stupid. I was just wondering if you had the older, less-mastered version. But I know these are two different versions, it may just be in the sound quality, I would just like to hear the older one if it's available.

And to the guy busting my balls over downloading the song...I have yet to see this record in any store around me area. I don't buy music over the internet, I haven't had good luck with that. Especially foreign stuff. Pretending you've never downloaded a song...that's lame. Don't be a hypocrite.

Oh well. Thanks for responding at least. It's cool you guys are involved with listeners.

SendForthYourLegions said:
And to the guy busting my balls over downloading the song...I have yet to see this record in any store around me area. I don't buy music over the internet, I haven't had good luck with that. Especially foreign stuff. Pretending you've never downloaded a song...that's lame. Don't be a hypocrite.

Haha, I'm not pretending. I download music from a band's website, where they have authorized it. I do not steal entire albums and never buy the albums.

Where do you think I downloaded the demo version of the song? Limewire...kazaa...napster? At the time, the song was only available on their website...or maybe it was mp3.com, can't really remember.