Latency while Reamping with Pro Tools LE?

there is no fixed latency amount.

place a snare hit or something else with a short transient in your PT session. Send it to an output and re-record it and calculate the amount of samples by zooming in.

No need to get testy man, just trying to help.

I've never had any problems with latency when re-amping. The only latency you should be getting is buffer size + DA conversion latency + mic distance from cab, which shouldn't add up to very much at all really.

You will always get latency when you out of the box, buffer size has nothing to do with it. Buffer size will give you latency on the signal you HEAR, not on the signal coming in. The signal still comes in on time, you just hear it later.

Seriously, try it. Reamp at 64 samples and re-amp at 1024 samples with software monitoring turned OFF. Both tracks will be aligned the same in Pro Tools.

It's good to keep software monitoring off all the time btw except if you are using amps sims..

No need to get testy man, just trying to help.

I've never had any problems with latency when re-amping. The only latency you should be getting is buffer size + DA conversion latency + mic distance from cab, which shouldn't add up to very much at all really.

I appreciate you trying to help, but you must not realize that your getting latency when reamping. Some of us are better with timing I guess and hear the difference.

Fair play, I stand corrected on the point about buffer size.

Though I've just done a test of conversion latency on my profire and it's only 6 samples at 44.1KHz. Certainly not anything that you're going to be able to hear, as the distance between the speaker and mic and your head compared to your monitors is going to make wayyyyyyyy more difference than that. So I have no idea where your latency problems are coming from.

Sorry that I couldn't be more help, but maybe try stepping off your high horse next time you're looking for advice as you're coming off as incredibly rude.