Latest alternative rock mix (5150/JVM)

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Been a while since I've posted here, but here goes:

Reamped, mixed & mastered this one. Tried to go for more of a Ben Grosse type mix styling. Shoot away if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stick by what I said... Guitars are crushing, love them! Like the mix overall actually. You've achieved the vibe you set out for. Sadly the vocalist is definitely out of tune most of the time. I don't think it's things that are 'cleanly' tunable either! Otherwise awesome as always

Pretty badass mix, it's crazy how well you can manipulate your mixing styles. I still haven't even found my own yet. Anyway, the vocals are a little out of tune, but not unpleasantly so. It's clear the singer hasn't undergone any professional training, but not everyone can be a Christian Alvestam.

dat snear \m/
too much esses at times and tbh, I feel sick after certain vocal passages, sounds like you've got some effects on 'em that fuck with phase A LOT

other stuff (gits, drums, etc.) are spot on!

hm I don't know if it's soundcloud, but this isn't up there where your usual mixes are...sounds a lot flatter than a lot of other stuff.
also the vocals are really quite pitchy

hm I don't know if it's soundcloud, but this isn't up there where your usual mixes are...sounds a lot flatter than a lot of other stuff.
also the vocals are really quite pitchy

I can agree with that. The Guitars sound totally awesome, but the vocals are not perfectly in tune and miss some "in your face" punchiness. Also the drums sound very lifeless, they don't seem to drive the song forward. I hope it's possible to understand what I mean ;)

the song is awful imo, reminds me of Trapt haha. The singer even sounds like him :(

edit: is it me or the vocalist has terrible timing? and some melodies are weird as fu**