latest News update

You idiot who stole Alexi's both guitars from Nosturi after the party, we recommend you return them pretty fucking quickly. We already have eye witness statements and the crime will be reported tomorrow. To the others: There are no other copies made of these Jackson Custom Shop guitars [I can't translate that literally, help!]. One of them has yellow stripes, and the other has thin white phosphor stripes. Both have golden hardware, and have been scratched while on tour. If some jerk tries to sell these, contact us immediately, we'll give you a remarkable reward!!!
henkka@cobhc.com janne@cobhc.com webmaster@cobhc.com

Shit man...that sucks....
The same thing happend to Joe Satriani on this year´s summer tour: Someone stole one of his ChromeBoy-guitars, in fact it was his main guitar...so there´s a reward for the guitar but he has it not back yet....

This asshole could just keep it to himself and no one would know... or maybe alter it in some way and sell it. What a fucking loser... theft, especially of someone's instruments (which they use to make their living) makes me :mad: :puke: :mad:

Originally posted by bodomite
yeah.... makes you think...... how well were they being protected????

I remeber that after the gig, the roadies just left the guitar there on the stage. I don't know when they took them, if it was backstage or whenever , but when people was going out I thought to myself why did they leave such an expencive and unique guitar alone on the stage. Anybody could sneak up backstage and take them if they wanted to. Hope they catch them and kick their asses!!!

yeah i think they will catch them.... and when they do they need to beat the living shit outa the fuck who stole it!

I was at the party, and the guitars did make it back to the rehearsal room. There were A LOT of people there, so if the guitars walked away, someone would have seen them. I left the party pretty early tho when the place was still packed to the rafters.

It's not a matter of Jackson just making new guitars. Those of you who play instruments know that each instrument, even if its the exact same instrument, is still different. You bond to your instruments like you would a pet -- these things are irreplacable!!

I saw satriani the night after he had chrome-boy stolen, he mentioned that and everyone there started booing, but joe was pretty cool about he said "I know I know, but hey I have lots of other guitars, so let's keep going". It was a very good show.

Originally posted by bassbitch

It's not a matter of Jackson just making new guitars. Those of you who play instruments know that each instrument, even if its the exact same instrument, is still different. You bond to your instruments like you would a pet -- these things are irreplacable!!

Thats very true, thats why this has to be very "shitty" for Laiho since he has had the "Wild Child" guitar quite a long time, and even posed with it for the latest (probably for FTR) official promo pics. That guitar wasn't just any guitar, it had been previously owned by guitarist of legendary finnish trash band Stone (Not Roope Latvala, I think it was a fellow named Jiri or something?).

And no guitar sounds the same, atleast not for the owner. I have tried a lot of guitars that are exactly the same as my own favorite guitar, but none of them has the same sound, feel and "soul" as my own guitar. As you said, they become your pet or best friend. Hope they catch the guys who did that (and kick their ass) and that Alexi gets his guitar back.

Originally posted by Children_of_Sinergy
Wrong. Alexi is not a Jackson endorser. They will not give him anything for free. A new custom Rhoads will cost the full scandinavian price. So around $3,000 in American. Alexi probably left his guitars on the tour bus or something, I'd believe it wouldn't you?

In the booklet of the Sinergy album "Suicide By My Side", says that Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala is endorsed by Jackson...

if they cant find their guitars i hope that jackson would give them new ones for no price since they endorse them

There are also different TYPES of endorsements. Many endorsements offer artists gear not for free, but at a discount price -- my friend's band is endorsed by Jackson and they had some custom guitars made for them, but still ended up paying a couple thousand dollars for each instrument. I'm not sure what sort of endorsement deal Alexi and Roope have.

Originally posted by bassbitch
There are also different TYPES of endorsements. Many endorsements offer artists gear not for free, but at a discount price -- my friend's band is endorsed by Jackson and they had some custom guitars made for them, but still ended up paying a couple thousand dollars for each instrument. I'm not sure what sort of endorsement deal Alexi and Roope have.

Laiho and Latvala have done a couple of in-store guitar shows in Finland (stores that sell Jackson guitars). I don't know if the shows are associated with Jackson in any way, but from what I understand they demonstrate their equipment and talk about Jackson guitars... Not saying Alexi is greedy, but who the hell would like to sit in a store on your own free time advertising a product for free?... :)

Might be that Alexi has somekind of "discount price" endorsement then?? But he deserves the full artist endorsement, because it pisses me off to see some cocksucker like the Crazy Town guitarist in a full page advert in guitar magazines... Diffrent brand (Ibanez) but still it pisses me off that guitarist who barely can play guitar get huge deals and endorsements and an amazing guitarist like Laiho gets only discount prices... But the size of your endorsement is probably proportional to where and how mutch you sell...

Although his "Stone" Custom RR (from what I recall it's the guitar with "Wild Child" sticker on it, his main guitar) was bought used, because I remember somebody telling me that they had seen it in a Finnish music shop for sale some years ago. Think if some fellow would have walked in and bought it before Laiho! :)

Originally posted by NocturnalBnd

Although his "Stone" Custom RR (from what I recall it's the guitar with "Wild Child" sticker on it, his main guitar) was bought used, because I remember somebody telling me that they had seen it in a Finnish music shop for sale some years ago. Think if some fellow would have walked in and bought it before Laiho! :)

I don't imagine the guitar would have meant as much BEFORE it became almost as famous as its player...