latest tour

Sir Ade

New Metal Member
Jan 21, 2005
so where are the English venues? And why is it the last time they 'came' to England the venues require a 120+ mile round trip to the 'local' venues of Wolverhampton and London on a Sunday or weekday night. I though f**k em if that's the best they can do.

See the latest 'album' is all the old stuff so when you've got em already what's the point are buying that crap. They must think we're thick tw**ts.

Bollocks to em!!

with people making stupid comments like that it is hardly surprising that they don't play england so often.Is it their fault that you don't live near London or Wolverhampton?

Bollocks to you...that's what I say

Sir Ade,

Earthskynsea listed the UK venues of the 2007 Tour as follows (from Blabbermouth):

Feb. 28 - UK - Glasgow - Garage
Mar. 02 - UK - Belfast - Spring & Airbrake
Mar. 03 - IRL - Dublin - Temple Bar Music Centre
Mar. 04 - UK - Manchester - Academy 2
Mar. 06 - UK - Wolverhampton - Civic Hall
Mar. 07 - UK - Nottingham - Rock City
Mar. 08 - UK - Cardiff - Coal Exchange
Mar. 09 - UK - London - Astoria

They do seem easier to get to than the last April Tour. ! However, Paxoman, Sammi and I made it to most of the UK gigs, and also Dublin. It wasn’t too bad travel wise in either cost or time; and Sammi got us from London to the Wolves gig for only £1.20 by bus. We even bumped into Biff and their manager Thomas at the airport in Manchester when flying to the Dublin gig. The most difficult leg of the Tour was from Wolves to Norwich and back to Manchester for which Shelley, Steve and Family made the effort - and were rewarded by one of the best gigs of the Tour !

Whatever distance the travel and however difficult - it is always well worth the effort to see Saxon - ask Saxonfan who has travelled literally thousands of miles to see them in Europe from the US ! (I will keep my head well below the parapet for the US response to that comment !!). Biff and the guys always put on a great show and give it their all - and every night is special. Saxon are the best live band around (in my opinion) and I go to loads of gigs each month.

Also, it is great to see so many old Saxon fans again and again at different gigs around the UK and Europe - and to meet new ones along the road. There is nothing like the Saxon Family !!.

Our efforts on the recent Tour were much appreciated by the whole of Saxon who really made us welcome at every gig.

In respect of the latest album:

The Boys are now back in the studio working on a new album with brand new material which should be released in time for the 2007 Tour. If you don’t like the “old stuff” in Eagle III - I am sure the new album will be a cracker - especially as Nigel Glockler is back in the band. Many people on this site appreciate Eagle III as they have been to several of the gigs that appear on the Album - also the tracks are a lot more heavy than the original studio versions. See some of Heavycelli’s excellent reviews.

See you on the next Tour, Sir Ade. Paxo, Sammi, Lionheart747, Shell, Fingers, Wilks, The Trooper, SaxonMcKenzie, Paul, Becs, Metaldude, DTT, JP Angel, Debbie & Chris and I will all be making the effort - and will be right at the font !!!

Cheers,

Goss.

Sir Ade said:
See the latest 'album' is all the old stuff so when you've got em already what's the point are buying that crap. They must think we're thick tw**ts.

Bollocks to em!!

Well Eagle 3 is one cd of old stuff, and one cd of new stuff. And most of the old stuff isn't on any of the other live albums. So I reckon it's a pretty perfect release if you ask me!

:) Bands touring is pretty much economics. Management has a huge say in where the bands will play as far as a economic standpoint. I love SAXON but living in the USA I know the record company and management are not going to book them everywhere because they will lose money. If Saxon makes it over here, I know i will have to travel a pretty good distance to see them. You cant throw all blame on the band. They are professionals who do this for a living. They are responsible for quite a few peoples income. If you have to travel a bit to see them and its a problem then its your choice not to go. Blaming the band is pretty crazy:)

so where are the English venues? And why is it the last time they 'came' to England the venues require a 120+ mile round trip to the 'local' venues of Wolverhampton and London on a Sunday or weekday night. I though f**k em if that's the best they can do.

Bollocks to em!!

saxon are covering england as much as any other band, so fuck off. Who else plays in places like dudley and bradford? You're blatantly some bitter o/d follower who thinks one day o/d are going to be more popular than the real saxon.

i think everyones covered every angle on this persons thread , i think the new album kicks ass.....even the round song and the square song....pure biff nonsense.......hey goss you forgot me and my brother on your list of travellers in time........5 days to graspop and counting

timothy sykes said:
i think everyones covered every angle on this persons thread , i think the new album kicks ass.....even the round song and the square song....pure biff nonsense.......hey goss you forgot me and my brother on your list of travellers in time........5 days to graspop and counting

Sorry Tim - have a great time at Graspop !!!!!!!!!!:headbang: :kickass:

Cheers,

Goss.

Most of us have had atorid time getting to venues at some point,but it always worth it.What do want from a band of Saxons size.Any idiot(look at me) can get to a gig if they make the effort.

cheers goss
ill try and give you and everyone on here a full set list and review as soon as i get back , should be wed 28 th
cant wait , got eagle 3 on at the moment just to get into the swing of things .hey you never know they may spring a surprise or two like a new song off the forth coming album as im sure they have got a few in the can already... heres hoping

well sir ade i can understand how you feel about the distance between the gigs as coming from south wales it is avery long trip <about nine hundred i think we covered> but if you are a real fan distance should not be a problem and we are doing it all again next year as well even ireland as long as you plan well and save hard you will have a great time i promise. also they have to organise their dates with the venues so they can only play where the is an opening so its not their fault really so hopefully we can meet for a drink at one of the gigs next year see ya shell steve and family xx:headbang: