Latin Metal?

metallifan3091

New Metal Member
Jul 28, 2009
Can anyone recommend me any Latin influenced metal? I love Latin music(call me gay if you want, haha) and metal, so I'm looking for some kind of hybrid thats heavy with an awesome Latin sort of groove. There was a band called Ankla that played Ozzfest 07. Something like what they play, minus the really strong hardcore influence, is what I'm looking for, if anyone remembers them
Thanks

So far, this hasn't been terribly helpful, haha. In case you guys are confused, and not being total assfaces, I'm referring to Latin as the genre of music, with syncopated grooves and auxiliary percussion, not the antiquated language. Thanks again.

Thanks for the attempts, everybody. Someone recommended Impureza on another forum, but my problem with them is that they have Flamenco breaks, but the feel doesn't carry through the songs, it just goes to straight death metal. I'm looking for something that really grooves, haha.

I can't believe that nobody has helped you yet. . . fuck.

One of the first bands that I know of to mix metal and latin music was sepultura. They are from Brasil and sometimes use Brazillian drums. Their album "roots" is very tribal and was actually recorded with some Amazonian tribes.

After Sepultura, Max Cavalera left the band and started Soulfly, which was also simmilar. Their album "primitive" would be a good one to listen to. Max developed the genre of tribal metal, and seems to be the only band in it.

Another band, although not as good, is ill nino. Try listening to them.