Learning a language

Bastet said:
sol,that won't help me to speak without getting nervous will it?(btw i DO read ;))
yeah, i guees so, but like they say, nothing is achieved without some sort of suffering...

as for meself, i see no way of learning proper french if i don't live to a country that speaks it for like 6-8 months. but i don't really wanna fuck off from herre for long... so it's just frustrating once again...
:(

sol83 said:
read lotsa literature. and some newspapers.

That helps you to learn the written language, but not the spoken one. I have a lot of students who are very good at writing but wouldn't be able to speak a proper sentence. I myself am much better at writing than at speaking (not to mention fucking listening :/ :D).

Learning to speak, I mean REALLY learning it, getting rid of the barriers, is possible only by talking to the native speakers of that language, using the language for what it is for, not for artificial classroom purposes.

A general problem with Hungarian education is that students don't have too many possibilities to speak, to express their opinions. I don't know how it is in your countries.

Reading a lot is more useful if you deal with the new words as well.

sol83 said:
as for meself, i see no way of learning proper french if i don't live to a country that speaks it for like 6-8 months. but i don't really wanna fuck off from herre for long... so it's just frustrating once again...
:(

That's so strange, I was like that, I never applied for any scholarship (a semester in Britain or Finland, for example), because I didn't want to go away. Now I'm not a student any more :( even though I'd like to spend some months in foreign countries (not in the States though, hehe).

the thing is that i never study at home (yeah, i know i should but that's just stupid, lazy me) so i gotta be in touch with the language constantly to learn it, that's what i think at least... or yeah, i can study for 10 years, but that's even more stupid, isn't it...

I've been learning English for 16 years now, and the first five years were just :/, then I went to college and had to speak there. So my English improved quickly there. But when I really started to enjoy speaking was when I started to speak to people I loved :) Motivation is the most important thing :hotjump:

camoustaka?

I am trilingual, I learned Arabic, French, English since I was a child. And as a plus, I know a little Spanish, Sri-Lankan language, Phillipine, German and Japanese.
P.S: camoustaka is how are you in Phillipine.hehe

Dhatura said:
I feel ashamed of speaking only two languages :/

no need for that i think, in belgium you're just obligated to study more than one... if i wasn't livin here i couldn't speak more than one, besides the language of luuuuuuv of course :tickled:

Pict_Barry_white_07.JPG