Learning the Nevermore set?

zak1

Mar 25, 2005
I've heard the story that you learned the whole set and had it down in 2 days. I mentioned that to a friend and he said you probably didnt sleep that whole time. What was your practice routine for those 2 days? and was it just rhythm playing or were there leads anywhere too?
Zak

hehe. reminds me mike portnoy learning nearly 15 fates warning songs in 1 (long) rehearsal the day before the gig... or the overkill set in a 3 hour rehearsal...

but yeah, chris, how do you manage something like nevermore stuff in this short amount of time???

zak1 said:
I've heard the story that you learned the whole set and had it down in 2 days. I mentioned that to a friend and he said you probably didnt sleep that whole time. What was your practice routine for those 2 days? and was it just rhythm playing or were there leads anywhere too?
Zak
Just remember I only did one solo, so I didn't have to worry about soloing to much. I went over the songs on my own, then met with Jeff to make sure they were correct, and then off to rehersal to play with everyone else.
Take care, Chris.

Well if anyone can pull-off Nevermore's stuff it's definitely Chris. Hey Chris, how did that come about that you were playing with Nevermore? I really don't know much about the story.

metalgtr84 said:
Well if anyone can pull-off Nevermore's stuff it's definitely Chris. Hey Chris, how did that come about that you were playing with Nevermore? I really don't know much about the story.
Well it all started when I was about 2,....... jus kiddin.
Jeff and I met at the 2002 BYH fest and hung out and just stayed in contact from there. When they needed a fill in guitarist for these gigs I jumped at the chance.
Chris.

The_Children_of_Decadence said:
And how about your relation with the other guyz in Nevermore, Warrell, Jim, Van?
I talk to, and get along with all of them, but initially it was just Jeff and I guitar geeking out.
Take care, Chris.

Harry(not the Tyrant) said:
BTW Nevermore,what do you think about their new album,Chris?
I listen to it a lot, and think Warrell sounds better than he has in a long time, and that Jeff and Steves playing is superb. The only thing I don't like about it is that it sounds to compressed, and loses any dynamic flow it would have had.
Chris.