First Nevermore show review with Chris playin

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
From smn news:

In Flames, Nevermore - Setlists Revealed From First Night Of TourIN FLAMES's North American headlining tour with THROWDOWN, NEVERMORE and EVERGREY kicked off last night, May 5, in Buffalo, NY at the Town Ballroom. Here are a few news bits from the show:

-EVERGREY performed five songs, but the guitars went dead due to some sort of electrical problem at the beginning of their closing song "A Touch of Blessing". However, the band soldiered on and played the song with just vocals, bass, drums and keyboards, having the fans clap along where the guitars would have been. [Ed note: The band did not have a paper setlist anywhere, and due to this reporter only having one album by them (The Inner Circle), the band's setlist will be displayed on a later date.]
In other EVERGREY news, drummer Jonas Ekdahl confirmed to SMNnews.com that the band will be performing for 75 minutes in their direct support slot to NEVERMORE's headlining show at Jaxx in West Springfield, VA this Sunday, May 7. IN FLAMES and THROWDOWN will not be at that show.

-NEVERMORE performed six songs. They are as follows:
Final Product
I, Voyager
Poison Godmachine
Engines of Hate
Dead Heart in a Dead World
Born

JAG PANZER guitarist Chris Broderick subbed in for Steve Smyth who, as previously reported, is on medical leave due to a severe kidney problem that may ultimately require a transplant. Former ICED EARTH and MEGADETH bassist James MacDonough filled in for Jim Sheppard, who is undergoing "routine tests" for his fight with Crohn's Disease. MacDonough sang back-up vocals for closer "Born".

-THROWDOWN included a tribute to the late and great Dimebag Darrell in their set by covering "A New Level" from PANTERA's "Vulgar Display of Power" album. The solo, however, was left out. No setlist is available as of this time.

-IN FLAMES performed 18 songs. They are as follows:
Take This Life
Touch of Red
Watch Them Feed
Worlds Within the Margin
System
Pinball Map
Dial 595 Escape
Graveland
Embody the Invisible
Behind Space
Come Clarity
Scream
Only for the Weak
Trigger
Cloud Connected
The Quiet Place
Leeches
My Sweet Shadow

For those of you keeping track at home, the album by album breakdown for the tracks goes like this:
Lunar Strain: 1
The Jester Race: 1
Whoracle: 1
Colony: 1
Clayman: 2
Reroute to Remain / Trigger EP: 4
Soundtrack to Your Escape: 4
Come Clarity: 4

That would be a 2:1 ratio of post-Tokyo Showdown tracks to pre-Tokyo Showdown tracks for you math majors out there.
comments[10]​

posted by - </SPAN>DanSMN</SPAN>Consult the SMN General Discussion forum for other side notes about this show.
Sum up: It rocked, even with an inferior setlist from In Flames and short sets from Nevermore and Evergrey.

posted by - </SPAN>EricT</SPAN>I'd say a pretty bad setlist from In Flames compared to when I saw them on their last tour in SLC.

As for throwdown leaving out the solo, thats not much of a suprise, heh. How can you tribute dimebag when you assrape his song and remove the solo? Thats called jumping on the bandwagon.

Speaking of which, why the fuck does every tour have to have a band that tributes Dimebag with a pantera song? When I saw the last In Flames tour, Trivium did walk. It sucked...

Nevermore should be getting that direct support slot, hands fucking down. And if Nevermore would have done the Pantera cover, the fucking solo would have been there, except loomisified.

-Rant over-

posted by - </SPAN>CreepingDeath</SPAN>Wow, that Nevermore set isn't too bad. I love how they change it up every tour for the most part so that everyone gets a little something different. Sucks about Evergrey though.
crying.gif

posted by - </SPAN>Nvrmr</SPAN>How they change it up every tour? LOL

posted by - </SPAN>Deathchain</SPAN>Wow In Flames played a whole 4 good songs. Glad to see they played something from Lunar Strain. Nevermore's set list was terribly short and if Evergrey's was too, I think I may skip this.

posted by - </SPAN>materagon</SPAN>i just dont understand why in flames can just skip ma/ri completely, eeh ill see them on sounds, speaking of sounds tour anybody know if dragonforce is really gonna be on it them and bodom are my fav. bands ever

posted by - </SPAN>SyntheticMetal</SPAN>Bodom is on the Slayer tour...

posted by - </SPAN>SyntheticMetal</SPAN>Oh, and fuck In Flames. I would not stick around for 6 good songs out of 18. They changed so horribly.

posted by - </SPAN>death be not proud</SPAN>It was a good night over all. I personally thought Nevermore was the best performance of the night, despite having such a short set.

posted by - </SPAN>Machinist</SPAN>i get full sets of Nevermore and Evergrey tommorow at the jaxx minus In Flames and throwdown