Least Favorite Bands/ Artists?!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Least Favorite Bands/ Artists from the last 20 years & Why?
I'll take you "bottom" 5 (hard rock, metal, thrash, ect.).
mine would be:
1>Whitelion-awful name, lacked originality, there was no musicianship there & the songwriting sucked period!
2>KISS '82-'89=shit. There was a glimmer of hope after the release of REVENGE....
3>Everymother's Nightmare-Why?! Can you believe this band is still together?! Again, why?!
4>Angel-Poorman's Journey-
5>Sid Vicious-What a no talent, self destrcutive, junkie....

I agree with nearly everything there...except the statements made towards White Lion. Ok, the name wasn't the best but "lacked originality"? "there was no musicanship"? "the songwriting sucked"? White Lion contained the elite musicians for the entire genre in my opinion and the majority of the songs the wrote were simply brilliant. Vito Brata lacked talent?? I don't think so pal.

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
Slipknot :puke: the attitude and music says it all :rolleyes:

No shit(Slipknot)the White Lion statement from earlier. Vito wasn't doing anything that "I" thought was mind blowing. I mean he was another of those EVH "clones." That's just my opinion though. I will admit their version of "radar love" was better than the original.

Of the types of music I like, bands that never did it for me are:

Great White
Faster Pussycat
London Quireboys
Nelson
Sea Hags
Etc etc etc

I like 95% of the hair bands but some of the old style bluesy ones and the trash rock style ones just never caught me.

As far as Kiss goes, 1982-89 was the BEST era of their career imo!!!! Creatures is their best and heaviest album ever, and Lick It Up, Asylum and Hot In The Shade are their next 3 best albums! Part of the reason: Gene had very little to do with the band in the mid-late 80s, Paul was the driving force behind it and we all know that Paul is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better songwriter than Gene, and a far better singer. Now that Gene is back in command he's put Kiss down the toilet living off nostalgia value rather than making great hard rock albums like they did in the non-makeup era.

Originally posted by Eagle
Nirvana & Pearl Jam and all the other shite grunge bands that tried to kill off 80s metal
FUCKING BULLSHIT if you ask me
i have to say grunge and all this new bullshit that out now
what ever happend to the good old shit

All nu-metal, glam rock and hair metal e.g/ whitesnake, poison, van halen. Also all this gay garage rock stuff that's coming out now like the datsuns, the white stripes, the libertines etc.... It started like nu-metal did, one band came out with the nu-metal sound (korn) and then the rest followed. *sigh*

Shits like Limb Biscuit :) , blink (whatever number), bloodhound gang, green day, and all new metal crap... :yuk:

Originally posted by None_So_Vile
All nu-metal, glam rock and hair metal e.g/ whitesnake, poison, van halen. Also all this gay garage rock stuff that's coming out now like the datsuns, the white stripes, the libertines etc.... It started like nu-metal did, one band came out with the nu-metal sound (korn) and then the rest followed. *sigh*

AS MUCH AS SOME PEOPLE THINK KORN IS METAL(NEVER BE CLOSE TO METAL) NU-METAL ANY METAL. ALL KORN IS GOOD MUSIC TO KILL CATS TO NOT EVEN THAT ITS GOOD MUSIC TO LOCK YOUR BROTHER IN HIS ROOM MAKE HIM LISTEN TO IT AND MAKE HIM GO FUCKING NUTS AND KILL HIMSELF.

Originally posted by None_So_Vile
All nu-metal, glam rock and hair metal e.g/ whitesnake, poison, van halen.

i love hair metal- van halen are amazing- very talented.
And motley crue, another hair metal band- ok may not be that talented but they rock...i think anyway, everyone's allowed their own opinion though

Hair metal rules :)

Unlike so called nu-metal, it at leats still has all the elements of heavy metal just done in a more partyish rock & roll way. Bands like Ratt, Dokken, Van Halen, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, etc have enormous talent and should be given a fair go.

The new breed of heavy rock bands don't really have any heavy metal elements apart from the fact that they are heavy lol. To me, they sound like a blend of hardcore punk, grunge and hip hop but heavier and more aggressive. There isn't really much metal influence at all...

Hair metal on the other hand had the big solos, soaring vocals, long hair & black leather image, fist in the air drums and metal anthem choruses, etc. And like heavy metal, it was all about living out fantasies. Like how heavy metal lets you escape to a fantasy world of battles, dungeon & dragons, horror, etc.... hair metal takes you to a the wild streets of Hollywood with Harleys, leather, strippers & sluts and hard rock bars with fast women and flowing whiskey hehe. Unlike all this new angst rock that just complains about how crap the world is.

The point being: hair metal rules! :headbang:

i wanted to say that when i first saw that "hair metal" said like...is there a gengre like that ?
new metal gengres :" hand metal" "feet metal" "head metal " cunt metal" "dick metal" .....
well ok...something wise that Helstar (GODZ) said in their "A Distant Thunder" about the whole thing , for their cover of "He's A Woman, She's A Man":
"DEDICATED TO THE BANDS WHO ARE ALL GLAM AND NO JAM, ALL HAIR AND NO FACE, IMAGE AND NO SUBSTANCE"

haha wahey i started a conversation, i dunno i had no nother way to classify it because in my view it's not heavy metal because there's fuck all heavy about it and they all have fucking poodle hair cuts, spandex, head bands, shoulder pads etc... it's like rock's version of fucking new romanic bands like spandeaa ballet, the human league, adam ant etc...

Originally posted by union9
I agree with nearly everything there...except the statements made towards White Lion. Ok, the name wasn't the best but "lacked originality"? "there was no musicanship"? "the songwriting sucked"? White Lion contained the elite musicians for the entire genre in my opinion and the majority of the songs the wrote were simply brilliant. Vito Brata lacked talent?? I don't think so pal.

Totally agree. Vito was really brilliant. White Lion was very above the average. they might be among the "elite of the cheese"