least good Katatonia songs

Hypnos

steck ihn nei!
Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
so we have a 'best songs' thread. why not having a 'least good songs' thread (there are no really bad Kata-songs, only some less-good :lol: )

the ones which i don't like that much would be:

Nightmares By The Sea
Sleeper
Wealth
Passing Bird
Chrome
Don't Tell A Soul
Clean Today

I just have to say.. I can't believe chrome is in your list..
all the rest.. maybe
but chrome? :p
such a passionate song.. I love it

hmm for me it would be maybe..
Had To Leave

that's as far as I can think of :|

i cant belive two of you gave Dont Tell A Soul.
thats one of the best katatonia songs!
you should probably listen to it more.
i agree with Verwuestung - Chrome is also amazing!

Vincent J. said:
omg, this thread is going to bring up a lot of hostility:cry:
Yeah probably
I enjoy all Katatonia songs, some I like more than others but I do not really have one that comes to mind right away that I do not enjoy.
I am suprised to see Sleeper and Wealth and Chrome.

hmmm......I dont think this is appropriate......well hmm......I guess not....this thread was introduced as "least good songs".....so I guess its not too bashing......although i think I will decline to comment about a least favorite......there is something special about every Katatonia song for me.....

The only songs I would say would be I Transpire or One Year From Now. I think they're kind of boring and I always skip them.

And everything from the first album, of course.

-Vince

N.P. Devin Townsend Band - Babysong

Deliverance6 said:
hmmm......I dont think this is appropriate......well hmm......I guess not....this thread was introduced as "least good songs".....so I guess its not too bashing......although i think I will decline to comment about a least favorite......there is something special about every Katatonia song for me.....

I think it's appropiate, of course even the band members will have their least favs, why can't the fans discuss it, and the reasons why?

This isn't the notorious Opeth forum!!! :)

I think that it would be naive to say that there isn't a least liked or even "I don't like this" katatonia song in their catalogue

For me there isn't many, but if I'm listening to LFDGD I usually skip We must bury you, like a few people have already said

I actually find there is 1 or 2 songs i dont like on each album. I dont know why that is. I reckon it has something to do with the fact i reckon it couldve been done better. But when your in a band i also believe you want a song to come out a certain way. I dont think Katatonia compromise on this factor, so even if i dont like the song. I still respect it, because, it was their vision of it.

This thread is going nowhere i think...no good discussing with people about something they like/dislike. It's a matter of opinion
anyway the only song of which i still can't get the point is "passing bird" but i like the lyrics though