LeCto won't open in Pro Tools 9

May 25, 2010
i'm a mac user, 10.6.7, pro tools 9 (legit copy haha)

i downloaded LeCto among other LePou plugins, and i got mixIR2 as well to run cabinet sims, but i can not get them to open in pro tools. i put them in HD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>VST, but they won't open. i have since installed that BittersweetII program Anssi suggested, and it opens, so i'm very confused. any help... helps?

thanks so much guys!

pro tools doesn't use vst plugin architecture. it uses RTAS.

pro tools 10 uses AAX

you can use fxpansion's vst to rtas wrapper, but it sucks.

guess that answers the question.

you might want to contact fxpansion. developers make alpha/beta versions of new software without releasing it and i think, if you ask politely they might hook you up with a beta (compatible) copy.

here's hoping. ;)

FXpansion's wrapper still works in 9, I've used it plenty.

The only thing is you'll probably have problems with mixIR2, Pro Tools will constantly crash during playback.
Basically the reason as far as I can work out is that the wrapper can't handle convolution plugins, and just shits itself during playback. I tried heaps of different ones, they all take different amounts of time but eventually all crash. The lepou plugs work fine though.

What you can use to load your impulses is IR-1A, very cheap RTAS convolver plugin. http://www.mellowmuse.com/IR1A.html
As far as I can find, other than convultion reverb plugins that cost upwards of $200, this is really all there is to load impulses in Pro Tools. It sucks when there's so many free ones for VST, but that's just how it is when you use Pro Tools haha.

Also on AVID's forum there was a post (can't find it now though) from the owner of Fxpansion who said that the company IS working on a VST to AAX wrapper, so a new version that's optimised for PT10 is on the way