LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

The guy might have more interresting mods and the relay thing isn't all. All cables running too close to power source stage are making this noise. And foils too I belive since he mentioned that. Having the amp open wide for unlimited distortion (in a good way) is what I want.

what do you mean by foils?

papstar-alufolie-30-cm-x-150-m.jpg
?

i cant speak as to the quality of the brand but the value and voltage are fine.

just a fyi, that "first gain mod" technically isnt going to increase gain for the gp. lowering the cathode resistor to 820ohm will bias the tube hotter so it will clip sooner but you are getting no extra gain, and then lowering the cathode bypass cap to .68uf, you are actually boosting less than the original cap. what that will do is tighten the sound up and make the bass less muddy. i personally kind of like the larger cap in that position.....ymmv.

the video i posted shows the difference when you change that first cap. the cathode resistors were not changed though.

@rune, ok. that makes sense now.

i cant speak as to the quality of the brand but the value and voltage are fine.

just a fyi, that "first gain mod" technically isnt going to increase gain for the gp. lowering the cathode resistor to 820ohm will bias the tube hotter so it will clip sooner but you are getting no extra gain, and then lowering the cathode bypass cap to .68uf, you are actually boosting less than the original cap. what that will do is tighten the sound up and make the bass less muddy. i personally kind of like the larger cap in that position.....ymmv.

the video i posted shows the difference when you change that first cap. the cathode resistors were not changed though.

@rune, ok. that makes sense now.

Yeah I'm sure you'd find more and quality stuff by ebaying 680n capacitor instead, and keep away from cheap china shit. Also try to get at least as high voltage that the original capacitor can handle. I used some old school brand used in marshall amps in the 80-90s and made sure it was the same type capacitor (electrolytic), but it doesn't really matter any kind will do as long as you get the polarity right.

Nah I learned that by now myself, the info about a little more gain is false, even if it says so on the metaltronix website. You reduce the treble slightly and the bass is indeed slight tighter. Thats all! I really want to test out the 22uf/ 820 Ohm combo myself, might be really crunchy!

Unfortunatly I won't do anything more to my original for two reasons, 1: by moving some cables and tidying up in there I got rid of 90% of the ground leaking noise (ghost note, fizz on decay and so on) and 2: I'll ship it off to the same tech as Alexi used in about a month, at least thats what we agreed).

And my GPSP is a mess, SP part is perfect. GP part is totally noise filled I'd have to order some serious lenght of sheilded cable and almost make it point to point by putting everything relevant to tube socket to make sure it operates without hum/ground leaking noise and so on. It is a mess....

I hope TWCC would consider remaking it soon enough. I'll give him info of my Bodom modded GP to get it right, but the design has to be altered anyway. The two PCB solution is not the way to go about it, and placement of the parts on the board only causes trouble. 2 EQ right next to filter capacitors of the power source section was a really bad idea.

If not I just ask gorhrut for the store of this turrent board solution and make a similar one, but seperated power supply and larger for 2 EQ.

type of cap really doesnt matter. electrolytics are eventually gonna go bad so i went with film caps there. and voltage wont be a problem. i think there is only something like 1.7 volts on the cathode of that stage.

i just got my board off ebay. really cheap but it works.

@rune, when the tech is done with yours i would love to see some pics if thats cool?

Ok thanks! I prefer hold my gp1000 original and boost with mm-04 and color the sound with sd-1..the sound its.good...and now im looking for the SP-1000 replica butOk thanks! I prefer hold my gp1000 original and boost with mm-04 and color the sound with sd-1..the sound its.good...and now im looking for the SP-1000 replica but the member " The weighter company cube" dont reply at my message...anyone can help me?? Sorry for my english :)

He have not replied for a month now, so I can't tell what he's doing, but the guy is to busy for doing this I think. Contact his assistant RR480 instead and let him know.

By the way the JE-1000 clone is on ebay now, slightly higher priced than the cheap knockoff thing, but has better sound, manual and options.

Thanks Rune i try! However i buy the je-1000 clone on ebay 3 years ago and yes the sound its better than a mm 04 but its build in my jackson rr3 with j50bc pickup...personally the sound with h4+mm04 its really good for play the album FTR and HCDR but for HB album j50bc +je-1000 clone its the best...for find the sound i have connect the output of gp-1000 in INPUT of my pratice 15w ampli :D and the headphones output i connected the 4x12 v30 and i know its crazy but the sound its amazing and really the same...ah and i color sound with sd-1 boss...tomorrow i recorder a video of the sound :) sorry for my english

I still have a version of my Velocity 250 that I shorted with wrong voltage, I was rehearsing drunk with a friends band and forgot the voltage was on 120U.... I reopened it today and saw nothing indicatind any brunt components, will try to check the backside of the PCBs tomorrow, now it got a built in shorting protection system, and the fuse blew up pretty fast, so is there any posibillities that it would still work? And with a voltage-meter I could check connectivity for the parts, any way of measuring if transistors are gone? Might have to repost this at a tech forum, italian bodom reminded me since he's got it in his signature.

Yeah would love some soundclips and yes I use SD-1 for boosting my original too, It basiclly does the somewhat the same thing as clipping diodes used by bodom/clone.

HZ 2 or 4 + MM-04 is good, still like it lightyears ahead of the Alexi signature booster. Got HZ4 + original JE-1000 in my ESP Alexi and HZ2 + MM-04 in my ESP SV STD (same as Alexis black/whitepinstriped original CS ESP)

BTW V30s are more for modern type Bodom with more bass so no wonder the HZ-MM-04 sounds good with that.

I have a rocktron velocity 250 but the sound its good only at hight volume but its damn louder. I want sell it and found an sp1000 replica or an engl e840 but its more expensive..however i watch and listen all video of gp replica and the sound its great but i prefer the original sound of my Gp-1000 less distortion but more definit sound and with hush of intelliflex on line its totally silent...

Yeah, could you post a picture of the inside of your original 88. I suspect a part version that I've found only in my 87 and 88 that could be the culpit for my noisr issue, and clone has somewhat of the same problem. Could just be a solder joint going cold too on the part, but did some testing with a single part and when it is too close to another stage the issue get worse. Gorhruts gp had another version and most 88s do, so I want to check it out.

Sounds good, those vintage speakers really add some bliss to the tone, but I can't see why you couldn't get even better sound with a good power amp. Velocity 250 might be too loud for home usage, but so is Peavey 50/50 and VHT too. Get a SP-1000 clone with the bedroom mod! If we cab get a hold of the guys making it.