LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

Infact i want buy an sp-1000 replica but rr480 and TWCC dont reply at my message and i dont know anyone thaht sell it...can you help me?:)

I'll mail them later when I've done some more testing with my original 88.

woah, those vintage 30's make it sound way more bad ass!!!! i think that will probably be my next purchase.

Told you V30s or V60s was essential for more modern sounding Bodom, now add a VHT/Fryette 2/90/2 with more lows and you got a good sounding AYDY prospect.

I have v30 and the sound i think is perfect with the gp-1000 preamp because the extra crunch tone of gp 1000 was colored by the v30 speacker...the gt12 75 8 think are good speacker but are not versatile how vintage 30...v60 im never told..

Hey rune, i have read a old post where you talk about old alexi and Alexander rigs..and tonight i try to set the distortion of gp 1000 at 1o clock and the sound its amazing clean and definit ectra crunch tone i like it..thanks :)

speaking of amp settings(i know..this should be on gear page, but whatev...) do you guys prefer the gp settings from gear pics(bass and mids super low, treble looks to be in middle position) or the premiere guitar interview settings(treb and bass at noon, mids full) as stated by their tech?

im liking the techs suggested settings....thats with it modded tho.....

It's kind of good with mods on the tech settings, but I like the everything on full (almost) approach from early bodom/sinergy photos. Like that unmodded too.

highly recommend isp decimator!!! really clears up unwanted noise and makes the tone fuller and clearer.

@rune, maybe a good noise suppression will help with the fuzzy note trails you are getting?

this whole forum(not just this thread) is so strange, its like jesus.......it dies for like 3 days and then comes back to life, only to get like 4 more posts......lol. kinda awful for an official forum

u will notice the forum gets alive again when there comes a new album, but indeed this forum pretty much died out, better secure good info when it ever gets to an shutdown ;)

Yeah a noise suppressor helps, but it only masks the problem ever so slightly, on the clone however, it doesn't matter much, the clip on the other forum was minimalistic noise ratio before I took the level trimpot out of the circuit. The noise on full (or without it) is way worse, it is a phase fuzz fest. Really unpleasant noise that kills all the bass and still got some kind of reverb/delay fuzz trail, something is clearly not grounded right and I'm narrowing down it's possibilities. Actually if I can't figure it out I might go ahead and do something similar to you (gorhrut) and remove PCB, take my spare parts and buy some new parts to get it straight. TWCC and RR480 is clearly not very responsive anymore/ or way to busy. The SP part is really great! The main problem with the GP part is that it is just made directly off that schematic we all know and only a few vague pictures of the original to plot out it's design and also it's errors. I reaaaaaally wish I had the info I had now back then, not only on the mods, but also on the whole aspect of design.

Yeah the forum really comes alive every time Bodom releases a new album, this time will be no different. I really hope they do extensive gear vids/pictures this time as well, and hoping for a better album tone. ENGL e539 and Marshall JVMs are great, but the tone of the last few album is still too sharp in my ears. Too much highs going on. Live the e530 for Bodom pretty much sucks, sounds almost digital. JVM is fantastic in that respect, but it might be time for a change of gear either forward with a Mesa or Randall approach or backwards to a familiar GP approach. Their tone on HCDR was fantastic, and they believe so themselves, so why not try something similar.

I really want to hear Bodom through a Mesa Mark V or one of the new Randalls that Mike Fortin designed. Seems like a perfect fit. I hate the ENGL tone, it's the worst of them all.

i think that high treble and mid sound is wonderful!!! and if you think about it, it fits the best with the style of music. on HOB they went back to a black metal style and to my ears black metal has always had that high treble sound. (maybe thats just shitty black metal recording/production tho....which is so typical)

@rune, i do suggest just remaking the gp. the gp itself that i remade has no issues. the noise issue i had was definitely electromagnetic interference which can happen to any guitar/pickup and its just made worse by the mm04 gain boost. isp decimator (just on the output from guitar) totally solves this issue. if you are still getting noise after that, you can get the decimator g string which also goes in the effects loop so you have suppression of emi/stage noise after the guitar and then suppression of circuit noise after the preamp.(which wasnt needed in my case. gp itself is silent) of course if you are able to send it to the tech that would be a nice option also. expensive tho....

Yes shipping it in will be very expenisve, but worth it. The clone need a rebuild. Too much noise overall and wrong design. If the makers won't do it I will try at least. For now Im better off playing another amp. The noises on both original and clone bugs the hell out of me and just makes me want quit for the day when I play them...

rune(or anyone else with a rsp 2400) im interested to learn the frequency range of the rsp. any chance you could look at it on an oscilloscope? some recording software have an oscilloscope software built in if you have an audio interface to work with.

i recently purchased a rocktron rx10, which seems to be the closest you can find to the rsp except it seems to only have one frequency knob and has no built in hush(which i dont need anyways) im hoping that one control has enough range to emulate the dual freq controls of the rsp.....

Have the RSP 2400 yes, but how to get a oscilliscope and read it with a DAW I have no clue about.
Ive heard that rocktron unit is supposed to be the closest too.

BTW decided to attempt to rebuild the clone on a turret board, any good advice where to get a turret board and parts also a lot of both isulated signal cables and unisulated for the grounding, since I live in Norway and can't just strole into a radioshack. I know ebay, but it is a maze of parts good and bad. So brand names are key I think.
Gorhrut:
Any reason why you reconstructed the order of pots and the design as whole? Followed the early dumble layout?

i think reaper comes with an oscilloscope DAW, idk. it should be able to go right into a audio interface and show in the recording software......if its too much trouble then dont worry about it. i was just interested to see how the two enhancers compare frequency wise. it sucks that the rx10 has no bass processing.....oh well. ill keep an eye out for rsp 2400 on ebay still......

this is the board i got
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221564237534?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

for shielded cable i just chopped up an old guitar cable. i only used it from input jack to first tube, and then to and from the tone stack which i have mounted on the front panel(this is supposed to cut down on oscillation in fender type amps)

for standard insulated wire, any brand should work just make sure its rated for or above 600v.
id just strip the insulated wire for a ground bus wire if you decide not to go the star grounding route.....

I used the bolts and plastic standoffs that were with the original gp to mount the board and just drilled holes in the middle of the board. i didnt have to cut holes in the chassis but doing it this way means you have to desolder some components if you want to take the board off once its finished.

the reason i redid the front panel layout for the pots is so i could follow the schematic easier and it optimized amp layout for shorter wire distances and some more distance between stages of opposite phase.(which was the whole problem with the relay network)

ill take a picture tonight because i have done a lot to it since i last had a picture up. i changed grounding scheme and added shielded cable based on suggestions to solve my hum problem. turns out it was never the amp causing the issue but i left it and it works all the same.

I think I could do that if you leave me to it in a couple of days. But should I go from guitar directly to the RSP and then to Audio Interface ->computer/DAW (reaper).

Got lots of sheilded wire and Im going to use the tube PCB, but Im still confused that TWCC used the filament wire only to the heater triodes and not to center tap. Also he used a smaller combined value of the filter caps (of course I will buy new ones with correct voltage). But if you really really boost the original by full distortion level and sd-1 on full in front I get somewhat the same noise on the unaltered original. I should have posted a better clip of it before both here and ampgarage. I think Ill manage to build something similar to yours, but Im still very confused by the whole issue since you didnt have it in your original? level on full still gets a little tad noise on mine, but heres the thing bodom never used the distortion level on full, because that would overdrive the rocktron intellifex no matter what and you'd get some digital clipping. (and the leds on the intellifex would show that too), now I know the settings of both pre and post AYDY era on the intellifex and there is no way around that. Level could max be on 25-50% in the GP-1000. Even when using only one master.

Some high quality pics would help alot! Yes Im still a novice at building stuff, even if I participated on the layout of the gpsp. (which is a mess, sadly).