Les Paul for metal?

Les Paul + Metal = Win:

OK, not the best example of tone, being über-sludgy, but the song rocks and it was filmed at what was my old stompin' ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Metallica

LPs, Flying Vs, Explorers.... and sometimes even a SG.

James surely knows where his rhythm tones are at.

@MT01:

Yeah, the mix on that one isn't the best. Who knows where the mics were... but anyway...

Les Paul with good pickups + JCM 800 + good player = R'n'R history!

LPs, Flying Vs, Explorers.... and sometimes even a SG.

James surely knows where his rhythm tones are at.

@MT01:

Yeah, the mix on that one isn't the best. Who knows where the mics were... but anyway...

Les Paul with good pickups + JCM 800 + good player = R'n'R history!

Worth watching the whole clip to see Zakk kick the monitors at the security...repeatedly. :)

Worth watching the whole clip to see Zakk kick the monitors at the security...repeatedly. :)

Yeah... You've seen the show when he was so loaded that he threw the original Bullseye into the crowd?

Security immediately shot down the place: "NO ONE IS LEAVING WITH THIS GUITAR!"

His drinking has got out of hand... he's getting closer to Ozzy by the day. :erk:

But who am I to judge, you know? Just sad to know that there won't be any more masterpieces like "Book Of Shadows" or "1919 Eternal".

Yeah... You've seen the show when he was so loaded that he threw the original Bullseye into the crowd?

Security immediately shot down the place: "NO ONE IS LEAVING WITH THIS GUITAR!"

His drinking has got out of hand... he's getting closer to Ozzy by the day. :erk:

But who am I to judge, you know? Just sad to know that there won't be any more masterpieces like "Book Of Shadows" or "1919 Eternal".

Theres loads of gigs with him throwing various guitars into the crowd. Apparently theres some sort of trust thing with the audience where he gets it back at the end of the night.

He tried it an Ozzy gig though and they got the wrong idea and tried to steal "the bandit", theres a vid of Zakk diving into the crowd to get his guitar back, but everyone tries to "touch Zakk Wylde" when he's in there so he can't get it, eventually security wades in and reclaims most of the guitar, someone, however, made off with the headstock, so Zakk gets his guitar back minus headstock and throws it on the stage in anger after he walks off at the end of paranoid.

Yeah, I think I've seen that one...

But I can only remember that one time hearing about him throwing the original bullseye into the crowd. Marbled (drunk off his ass) something about the issues he had with his wife, kicked some monitors into the crowd... and there it goes, flying bullseye.